Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Soluthis1214 [Finished]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[Image: normal_SoluthisClaimsMapsArea12_1024x768.jpg]

[blockquote]"Dhryss Plaza" is named after a local Akaviri hero, who stands guard in the central park and who's exploits can be experienced in the aptly titled novel Akavir available in bookstores. The southwest area of Soluthis, which extends westward beyond Dryss Plaza as well, is mainly a low-end agricultural settlement and largely self-sufficient. It stands out from other parts of town in its use of wooden fences.[/blockquote]

Interior model to use: 06
Model Nickname: Round Home
Northmarker Rotation: 20.0535
Neighbourhood: Dhryss Plaza

There is a starter cell for this location, so load up Oblivion.esm + Silgrad_Tower.esm and open the cell Soluthis1214, and then you can get started. The owner(s) of this home are Dunmer belonging to Great House Redoran. Please use the name generator to come up with good male/female names. Don't use any Imperial stuff in this location, whether from TES4 or from our mod, apart from clothes and weapons.

Please set of AI behaviour for the NPC(s) in your claim at your discretion, but do make sure they wander around outside for a part of the day so the neighbourhood feels alive. Note that the exterior is situated in SoluthisWorld01, not in SilgradTowerLand.

[title]Information.[/title]
Extended information on modding in general can be found in sandor's excellent thread Technical Info concerning Interiors, and naturally the articles on the CS wiki are always worth reading. But don't forget to run forum searches here as well, because often you'll find the answer here instead of the wiki. If you don't find the answer, feel free to post the question here in your claims thread But beyond that it's worth remembering that trial-and-error is an integral part of modding and it's only natural that you have to playtest your work to see if what you did worked or not.
I'd like to claim this house please RW. Should I use this thread for discussion of the quest I plan to implement to do with the owner?
Quote:Originally posted by Shakes
I'd like to claim this house please RW. Should I use this thread for discussion of the quest I plan to implement to do with the owner?

Wonderful, have fun! :goodjob:

It depends on how much about it you'd like to discuss. If you think you'll need assistance with creating it, or if you'd like others to pitch ideas and suggestions then it would probably be best to start a new thread on the Quest Dev board. Smile
Just to fill you in the occupants will be a retired house redoran guard (from vvardenfell, perhaps even ald ruhn) married to an altmer. they have been arguing over whether or not the fingerbone of the dunmers father can be kept in the house shrine, as altmer find this practice barbaric. the players job will be to reunite them via a little dialouge and a small errand.

One question I had was about a double bed - is there another option than the stock oblivion ones? Can the dunmer bed be stretched wider in the CS maybe?

Ive laid out some of the basic furniture so it shouldnt be that much longer before I post an esp.
One question I had was about a double bed - is there another option than the stock oblivion ones? Can the dunmer bed be stretched wider in the CS maybe?
It's posible to increase the size but this won't let you use the bed by two NPC's (Nif bound).

You could use the Oblivion stock model as a placeholder, I think Razorwing is more than willing to create a double bed as well.
I like the premise a lot! Could the house shrine be made by models we already have? Because I would be happy to make a new model, if you wanted one. Smile As usual though I'm stumped for ideas. Perhaps you could sketch how you think it should look? Doesn't have to look great, just enough to help me picture it in my head. I should have no problems making it with a sketch like that.

Ditto to what sandor said, doublesized beds are one of the cases where using stock models is the only option. I'll make a few Dunmer ones eventually and update the homes that had to use them.
Ok thanks for the info guys.

As far as the shrine goes, I was planning on just a few candles and items on a little table or something but ill def do a little sketch of something if I cant find appropriate stuff.

One thing I would definitely like is a small cubic redoran/dunmer patterned display box, preferably with a little glass display at the top. This is the gift the wife will ask you to buy for the husband to keep his fathers bone in. Probably just about big enough to display a single soul gem in. It could be sold at selected vendors and certainly doesnt need to be exclusive to this quest. Should I start a proper request thread with a sketch, or is that enough info?
Ok thanks for the info guys.

As far as the shrine goes, I was planning on just a few candles and items on a little table or something but ill def do a little sketch of something if I cant find appropriate stuff.

One thing I would definitely like is a small cubic redoran/dunmer patterned display box, preferably with a little glass display at the top. This is the gift the wife will ask you to buy for the husband to keep his fathers bone in. Probably just about big enough to display a single soul gem in. It could be sold at selected vendors and certainly doesnt need to be exclusive to this quest. Should I start a proper request thread with a sketch, or is that enough info?

My bad, it was the display box I was thinking of. I figured you might make the shrine with a Velothi altar (meshes\ST\Velothi\Decoration\Interior\VelothiAltar01.nif) or something along those lines, with objects placed on top. I can make the display box from the desciption you provided, but it will end up closer to what you want if you could make a sketch. Please send it to razorwing@silgrad.com, or attach it to a post, whichever's easier. Something that might not be apparant from a sketch is whether it should be made out of wood, stone or metal?

On another note I posted the better-looking interiors -here- if you want to grab a copy. Smile
Hey guys, just thought id post a first version of the interior for backup, and for someone to have a quick checkover if they have time.

Done:
-Placement of most large objects

To Do:
-Clutter
-NPCs
-AI/Pathgrids
-Quest

Now that I have the CS more sussed out, movement should be quicker on the rest, although if its not this will still be a needed learning experience Wink

2 things of note:
1) I cant seem to 'clean plugin' with TES4Gecko, I get a stack out of resources error. My laptop only has 896 RAM, could this be it or is the plugin screwed? Can someone please check it for me.

2) The picture attached shows a weird floating piece of architecture i noticed when checking the interior. Have I misaligned the tiles or is this
an error in the tileset? I doubt it will be very noticeable in game either way.

In any case, on with the show! I want to get this finished and try my hand at an area claim.
I'll have a look at your file.

blue[/HR]

Did you add the following line to your Gecko shortcut?

D:\WINDOWS\system32\javaw.exe -Xmx1024m -jar "D:\Temp\Oblivion\TES4 PUtility WD\TES4Plugin.jar"

Change D in C if you have Gecko on your C drive and change 1024 to 768.
Pages: 1 2 3