Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Soluthis1215 "Alchemy Shop" [Finished]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: normal_SoluthisClaimsMapsArea12_1024x768.jpg]

[blockquote]"Dhryss Plaza" is named after a local Akaviri hero, who stands guard in the central park and who's exploits can be experienced in the aptly titled novel Akavir available in bookstores. The southwest area of Soluthis, which extends westward beyond Dryss Plaza as well, is mainly a low-end agricultural settlement and largely self-sufficient. It stands out from other parts of town in its use of wooden fences.[/blockquote]

Interior model to use: 03
Model Nickname: Hole
Northmarker Rotation: 2.8647
Neighbourhood: Dhryss Plaza

This location is a shop that sells ingredients (from our mod) as well as potions and apparatus. The shop doesn't sell foodstuffs, just herbs and other alchemical ingredients that you won't find on a plate. You can make the shop offer some ingredients from the main game, but the focus has to be on our own ingredients since that is what players are likely to want to buy.

The shop owner lives in the home next door (Soluthis1216). Preferrably you should claim both, but if you just want to make one then that's ok. In that case it'll be up to you if you want to mod the shop owner NPC or leave that for the other claim.

There is a starter cell for this location, so load up Oblivion.esm + Silgrad_Tower.esm and open the cell Soluthis1215, and then you can get started. The owner(s) of this shop are Dunmer belonging to Great House Redoran. Please use the name generator to come up with good male/female names. Don't use any Imperial stuff in this location, whether from TES4 or from our mod, unless you really have to. Cases where you really have to include: clothes, weapons, potion bottles and apparatus.

Please set of AI behaviour for the NPC(s) in your claim at your discretion, but do make sure they wander around outside for a part of the day so the neighbourhood feels alive. Note that the exterior is situated in SoluthisWorld01, not in SilgradTowerLand.

[title]Information.[/title]
Extended information on modding in general can be found in sandor's excellent thread Technical Info concerning Interiors, and naturally the articles on the CS wiki are always worth reading. But don't forget to run forum searches here as well, because often you'll find the answer here instead of the wiki. If you don't find the answer, feel free to post the question here in your claims thread But beyond that it's worth remembering that trial-and-error is an integral part of modding and it's only natural that you have to playtest your work to see if what you did worked or not.
I updated the description.
I would like to mod this. As I stated in my other post, I cannot make NPCs at the time, so I'll leave the home of the alchemist to someone else.
Quote:Originally posted by Sam324
I would like to mod this. As I stated in my other post, I cannot make NPCs at the time, so I'll leave the home of the alchemist to someone else.

This would be one of the rare claims where you don't necessarily have to mod an NPC, so in this case it's ok if you don't do that.

After your previous claim has been completed, submitted and greenlighted for merging you can mod the alchemy shop. I'll lock this thread for the time being so no-one else claims it. After the home in Reich Parkeep is finished I'll unlock it again. Smile
What would an appropriate facecount for this cell?
I have it finished, except for linking to the outside, which mysteriously crashed my CS. It does seem a little dark, but I put some lights in. The items, door, cell and containers have no ownership since I don't have the NPC(s).
A few remarks.
  • Add a pathgrid.

• Add more detailing, at least increase the face count upto 120k.

• Add more different ST ingredients (show the player what we have).

• Add apparatus and potions.

• Remove the apples and corn (food).

• Check for floaters (StIngrComberry, StFurnFirstaidshelf).

• The StFurnDunBarrelOpenSmall01 is bleeding into the wall.

Recheck the claim description.
Hey, almost done at 11000 faces.
Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
Cases where you really have to include: clothes, weapons, potion bottles and apparatus.
Does this mean I need to include these items in the mod?

EDIT: Done. I didn't link to the exterior yet. It crashes my CS, could you please do it for me, Sandor?
I didn't link to the exterior yet. It crashes my CS, could you please do it for me, Sandor?
That's fine. Smile

I'll check the file.
I didn't link to the exterior yet. It crashes my CS, could you please do it for me, Sandor?

Viewing Soluthis' city exterior does tend to crash the CS for normal modders, only ST Modders and core members can view it without crashes. I only became aware of that a couple of weeks ago, but it makes it very handy that claims moved to child worldspaces already have door teleportation set up. That's what confuses me in this case. Did you mod it in the starter cell?
Pages: 1 2