Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Soluthis1217 [Finished]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: normal_SoluthisClaimsMapsArea12_1024x768.jpg]

[blockquote]"Dhryss Plaza" is named after a local Akaviri hero, who stands guard in the central park and who's exploits can be experienced in the aptly titled novel Akavir available in bookstores. The southwest area of Soluthis, which extends westward beyond Dryss Plaza as well, is mainly a low-end agricultural settlement and largely self-sufficient. It stands out from other parts of town in its use of wooden fences.[/blockquote]

Interior model to use: 05
Model Nickname: Oval Home
Northmarker Rotation: 166
Neighbourhood: Dhryss Plaza

Status: Claimed by Dephenistrator. Finished by Razorwing and sandor.

There is a starter cell for this location, so load up Oblivion.esm + Silgrad_Tower.esm and open the cell Soluthis1217, and then you can get started. The owner(s) of this home are Dunmer belonging to Great House Redoran. Please use the name generator to come up with good male/female names. Don't use any Imperial stuff in this location, whether from TES4 or from our mod, apart from clothes and weapons.

Please set of AI behaviour for the NPC(s) in your claim at your discretion, but do make sure they wander around outside for a part of the day so the neighbourhood feels alive. Note that the exterior is situated in SoluthisWorld01, not in SilgradTowerLand.

[title]Information.[/title]
Extended information on modding in general can be found in sandor's excellent thread Technical Info concerning Interiors, and naturally the articles on the CS wiki are always worth reading. But don't forget to run forum searches here as well, because often you'll find the answer here instead of the wiki. If you don't find the answer, feel free to post the question here in your claims thread But beyond that it's worth remembering that trial-and-error is an integral part of modding and it's only natural that you have to playtest your work to see if what you did worked or not.
Can I claim it?
Sure, go ahead :check: , and...

WELCOME TO SILGRAD!!!

:wave:

We'll gladly help with any questions you have. :yes:
Perfect! I can't wait to see what you come up with, GrandDuke. :goodjob:

As for your modder abbreviation I thought "GD" was suiting, but if you don't like that then you can have any other that isn't taken.

Looking forward to seeing screenshots and reports on how the progress is going. Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.

blue[/HR]

:alert:
You were last Active: 13.12.2006 21:39.
This claim has been recycled.

If you want to reclaim this interior (when not already claimed), please do so.

sandor

Sweet, I'll take it.

Edit: How do you want the mod? you want it a separate mod or overwrite my copy of yours?
Great :goodjob:

Not sure how you mean. Do you have the latest internal esm? If not, please download it from the pinned thread on the Source board (link) Then you can load up the cell I mentioned, Soluthis1217, and start placing objects and all the other things. When you feel like submitting it please post it as an attachment to a post in this thread.
Quote:Originally posted by Dephenistrator
How do you want the mod? you want it a separate mod or overwrite my copy of yours?

Taking a stab at this: Your interior should be a separate ESP dependent on the ST ESM. Merging the ESP to the ESM is handled by sandor after the interior is approved.

HTH,
Steve
Ooooh... thnx. Uh, I can't find SoluthisWorld01 or soluthis1217. I found the house in soluthis matching the picture but it had a different number and was all set up. Am I supposed to download some editors version of the esm or something?
Quote:Originally posted by Dephenistrator
Ooooh... thnx. Uh, I can't find SoluthisWorld01 or soluthis1217. I found the house in soluthis matching the picture but it had a different number and was all set up. Am I supposed to download some editors version of the esm or something?

You didn't answer my question but I'll assume you have downloaded Silgrad_Tower.esm v 2.992, which at the time of writing this is the latest internal esm posted in the pinned thread on The Source. If you haven't, please download it and then extract it to Oblivion\Data, thereby overwriting the old esm.

Then open the Construction Set and load Oblivion.esm + Silgrad_Tower.esm. In the "Interiors" cell list, scroll down until you find Soluthis1217. Or like I usually do, just left-click an entry and start writing the cell name and the list will scroll down automatically. Doubleclick the cell name and the interior will load up.

What you see there is the starter cell for this location. Basically I've added the interior house model this claim uses, set up the windows so they correspond with the windows on the exterior model, and set up the door links. For a guy like me who's worked a lot on the city those kinds of things are fast to set up but folks who've never modded in the city before tend to find that stuff confusing, regardless of how intelligent they may be. Good luck, have fun, and please only mod with Dunmer stuff in the cell whenever possible Big Grin
Thanx, I shoulda downloaded that one first, but that helps alot.

Hey uh... having a new problem... The when I try to start Oblivion with the new esm it gets an error message right before it starts loading. The download only came with a plugin file so I'm assuming the problem is an absence of meshes or whatnot. I tried using that link you gave for 'the source' but I got an access denied message even though I'm logged in.
Pages: 1 2