Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Soluthis1219 [Finished]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: normal_SoluthisClaimsMapsArea12_1024x768.jpg]

[blockquote]"Dhryss Plaza" is named after a local Akaviri hero, who stands guard in the central park and who's exploits can be experienced in the aptly titled novel Akavir available in bookstores. The southwest area of Soluthis, which extends westward beyond Dryss Plaza as well, is mainly a low-end agricultural settlement and largely self-sufficient. It stands out from other parts of town in its use of wooden fences.[/blockquote]

Interior model to use: 05
Model Nickname: Oval Home
Northmarker Rotation: -166
Neighbourhood: Dhryss Plaza

There is a starter cell for this location, so load up Oblivion.esm + Silgrad_Tower.esm and open the cell Soluthis1219, and then you can get started. The owner(s) of this home are Dunmer belonging to Great House Redoran. Please use the name generator to come up with good male/female names. Don't use any Imperial stuff in this location, whether from TES4 or from our mod, apart from clothes and weapons.

Please set of AI behaviour for the NPC(s) in your claim at your discretion, but do make sure they wander around outside for a part of the day so the neighbourhood feels alive. Note that the exterior is situated in SoluthisWorld01, not in SilgradTowerLand.

[title]Information.[/title]
Extended information on modding in general can be found in sandor's excellent thread Technical Info concerning Interiors, and naturally the articles on the CS wiki are always worth reading. But don't forget to run forum searches here as well, because often you'll find the answer here instead of the wiki. If you don't find the answer, feel free to post the question here in your claims thread But beyond that it's worth remembering that trial-and-error is an integral part of modding and it's only natural that you have to playtest your work to see if what you did worked or not.
I'll take this one, please. :yes:
Quote:Originally posted by jucklesjenk
I'll take this one, please. :yes:
That's fine. Smile
OK - I think that's this one finished :check:

Edit: Discovered missing dialogue whilst testing. Changed .esp to version 1.1
Whilst I was making the .esp, I had the idea of making the residents of this house potters. After all, somone has to make pots and glasses and supply the town's shops and bars, plus the residents have to have a job, otherwise it seems unrealistic because they need to have a source of income.

Is this OK?
Quote:Originally posted by jucklesjenk
Whilst I was making the .esp, I had the idea of making the residents of this house potters. After all, somone has to make pots and glasses and supply the town's shops and bars, plus the residents have to have a job, otherwise it seems unrealistic because they need to have a source of income.

Is this OK?
Sounds good. Smile

You could use Razorwing's StRwPotterWheelDunmer (activator).
OK - updated version is edited 3 replies above this one
Abbreviations

F= Floating / B= Bleeding / S= Look at the Screenshot / PG = Pathgrid / th = tetrahedron, point / sh = the silhouette (chairs etc.) / R = Resize / Re = Reposition / A = Adjust / Disp. = Disposition

General info.

Improving your interior.
[blockquote]
Rotate objects, for example if you have 5 barrels (or cups etc.), in that way the handles will have a different angle. It looks much better (also with the lighting).

It's a good idea to make a special key for containers, e.g. StRwContDunmerChestSmall02, and add the key to the NPC. It's more fun for thieves. Make sure you lock the containers with valuable stuff inside.[/blockquote]

blue[/HR]

Review.

The Ground-floor.

Rotate the pottery objects on the hearth.

Pathgrid.

Make sure every sh has a th or PG node/point (screenshot).

NPC.

Add a food item count "-1" to the inventory of the NPC.

Remove the innocent faction for both your NPC's, it's only required if you don't assign a custom (non-evil) faction to your NPC's.

Evil factions.

AI.

Change the radius for the wander packs (the ones with a very low number). An OB exterior cell is 4096 units so we normally use the following numbers 128, 256, 512, 768, 1024, 2048 and so on.

Lower the aggression value for Dolvdas to 10.

Assign eyes to both the NPC's.

Change Falvala's class.

Dialogue.

Change the disp in the screenshot to "<40".

General Remarks.

Please add a tapestry and a few containers.

Change the ownership of the door and assign it to one of the NPC's who locks/unlocks it (no faction). Make sure the other NPC has a key for the door. -=INFO=-

Always add a claim code to the quest (Soluthis1219), it's fine to use one quest for both the NPC's. If you're planning to create more interiors it's handy to add a claim code to your packs, new containers etc.

Nice modding! Smile
Okay, I've submitted v1.2 below.
Finished, well done! :goodjob: