Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Soluthis1220 [Finished]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: normal_SoluthisClaimsMapsArea12_1024x768.jpg]

[blockquote]"Dhryss Plaza" is named after a local Akaviri hero, who stands guard in the central park and who's exploits can be experienced in the aptly titled novel Akavir available in bookstores. The southwest area of Soluthis, which extends westward beyond Dryss Plaza as well, is mainly a low-end agricultural settlement and largely self-sufficient. It stands out from other parts of town in its use of wooden fences.[/blockquote]

Interior model to use: 06
Model Nickname: Round Home
Northmarker Rotation: -88.8084
Neighbourhood: Dhryss Plaza

[title]Information.[/title]
For basic information on how to mod in Soluthis, please see parkeep.silgrad.com. Extended information on modding in general can be found in sandor's excellent thread Technical Info concerning Interiors, and naturally the articles on the CS wiki are always worth reading. Beyond that, trial-and-error is an integral part of modding.
I imagine the NPC should be a poor farmer-type person? Prehaps go to work in the marshmerrow fields or something. Drink his sorrows away in the evening, nothing complicated.

I'll claim it!
Quote:Originally posted by Seniosh
I imagine the NPC should be a poor farmer-type person? Prehaps go to work in the marshmerrow fields or something. Drink his sorrows away in the evening, nothing complicated.

I'll claim it!

Excellent!

He could work on the little patch of farmland just east of his house, yup :goodjob: (not the saltrice plantation in the Slums though)
There's only one dunmer bed in the CS, and it doesn't look like it would suit a poor farmer. (certainly doesn't match the cheap pillows) Should i use a poor stock bed instead? a bedroll? Doesn't make sense for every dunmer, rich and poor to have the same bed.
There's only one dunmer bed in the CS, and it doesn't look like it would suit a poor farmer. (certainly doesn't match the cheap pillows) Should I use a poor stock bed instead? a bedroll? Doesn't make sense for every dunmer, rich and poor to have the same bed.
Please go ahead and use a bedroll or a lower class bed as a placeholder.
Later on, when there are more types of Dunmer beds we could replace the placeholders.
Are there any Inns or taverns near Dhyrss plaza? I couldn't find any in the CS, and the nearest soluthis inn is on the other side of the city, over in claims map 1.
Alright, i think i'm just about done. Got a house with an NPC, who does stuff occassionally, and has some unique dialogue. It's my first interior, so if i'm missing something, don't hesitate to tell me.
Abbrev.

F= Floating / B= Bleeding / S= Look at Screenshot / PG = Pathgrid / th = tetrahedron, point / sh = the silhouette / R = Resize / Re = Reposition / A = Adjust

General info.

Please add a version number to the name of your esp files. TIA

Keep in mind that smaller objects near large objects (NPC's included) tend to float.

Use an activatorflamenode04 etc. it gives a nice sound of a burning fire.

Add an activator : StRwActMusicForReichParkeep (under the interior).

Is there enough clutter?
In the lower right part of CS screen you'll see the faces (face count).
For your interior it's 62105. It should be around the 100k for an interior of this size.

How do I keep my mod clean?
Avoiding contaminations.

- Packages should start with StXX... etc. (XX = your modding ID)

- For the location: Don't use "in cell". It can produce unexpected behavior.

- Make sure that the packages are chronological (use the left arrow key).

- Add a wander package type: Time and duration any. Specify a radius (near editor location) of 1024 etc.

[indent][/indent]This is always the last package in the list.

[indent][/indent] You could use a standard package for example aaaDefaultExploreEditorLoc1024.

Edit your dialogue through the quest window and not through the dialogue window (creates unclean dialogue).

The Groundfloor.

StDoorRedMAINloaddoor, Re
StBook1CheapAncestorsAndTheDunmer, F
StBook1CheapGreatHousesOfMorrowind, B, F , S
StRwMiscLog01, F (check the others too) and change the fire see above
StRwMiscDunPoorCupWood02, F, S
BroomFarm01, F, Re
TongsFarm01, F, Re

Pathgrid.

Make sure the th's touch the sh's.

NPC.

Check "No rumors".

AI.

Define the location for the eat, sleep and read package (StSe..packages).
Make sure the packages are chronological.

Dialogue.

Remove the "say once" flag from the "Hello. I'm Viram Ramarys, .." greeting otherwise the the NPC (after the greeting has been displayed) has no dialogue for later on.

General Remarks.

Add an activator : StRwActMusicForReichParkeep (under the interior).
Add more clutter (I know he's poor), at least another 10k (faces).
The door marker for the exterior, B, Re

Almost no floating. Smile
Concerning AI and Dialogue
- For the AI, the default eat packages, which i used for the NPC, have no location. Should i put a location and make a new package? or just leave the eat packages locationless

for the Dialogue, i tested the dialogue in-game, and if i check "say once" he just says stock greetings after the first time. I thought it was a bit weird to have him introduce himself every time he meets you.

Other than those questions, i'm done with revisions, and when i'll upload once these are cleared up.
Concerning AI and Dialogue
- For the AI, the default eat packages, which I used for the NPC, have no location. Should I put a location and make a new package? or just leave the eat packages locationless

for the Dialogue, I tested the dialogue in-game, and if I check "say once" he just says stock greetings after the first time. I thought it was a bit weird to have him introduce himself every time he meets you.

Other than those questions, i'm done with revisions, and when i'll upload once these are cleared up.

- The standard packages have a location : e.g. "near editor location".
- Stock greetings are "unwanted", add more greetings and add a random flag.

Make sure the Say once greeting is above (higher priority) the random flagged greeting.

Final review.
I travel to Germany (work) tomorrow morning and I can't reply before 19.00 hours board time.
Pages: 1 2