Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Soluthis1221 [Finished]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[Image: normal_SoluthisClaimsMapsArea12_1024x768.jpg]

[blockquote]"Dhryss Plaza" is named after a local Akaviri hero, who stands guard in the central park and who's exploits can be experienced in the aptly titled novel Akavir available in bookstores. The southwest area of Soluthis, which extends westward beyond Dryss Plaza as well, is mainly a low-end agricultural settlement and largely self-sufficient. It stands out from other parts of town in its use of wooden fences.[/blockquote]

Interior model to use: 06
Model Nickname: Round Home
Northmarker Rotation: 130.3479
Neighbourhood: Dhryss Plaza

[title]Information.[/title]
For basic information on how to mod in Soluthis, please see parkeep.silgrad.com. Extended information on modding in general can be found in sandor's excellent thread Technical Info concerning Interiors, and naturally the articles on the CS wiki are always worth reading. Beyond that, trial-and-error is an integral part of modding.
Hello,

I have a question: I would like to claim this part. But what do I have to do? Make the interior of house six, make the interior of multiple houses, make the interior of all the houses in Dhryss Plaza, or only make the exterior of Dhryss Plaza?

Bye,

Sanpicture
Quote:Originally posted by Sanpicture
Hello,

I have a question: I would like to claim this part. But what do I have to do? Make the interior of house six, make the interior of multiple houses, make the interior of all the houses in Dhryss Plaza, or only make the exterior of Dhryss Plaza?

Bye,

Sanpicture

You have to mod house number #21 of Dhryss Plaza.
The model you have to use is of the type 06.
In the CS under: Statics>>ST>>RedInt>>StInRedBuilding06.
If you don't want a basement you can use the StInRedBuilding06basementcap.

Some extra info.

You can download the latest version of the esm in the Source.

Have fun. Smile

If you have any question don't hesitate to ask.
Quote:Originally posted by sandor
Hello,

Bye,

Sanpicture

You have to mod house number #21 of Dhryss Plaza.
The model you have to use is of the type 06.
In the CS under: Statics>>ST>>RedInt>>StInRedBuilding06.
If you don't want a basement you can use the StInRedBuilding06basementcap.

Some extra info.

Have fun. Smile

If you have any question don't hesitate to ask.

Thank you! Smile
I?ll go modding this house then. I?m going to London for four days tomorrow, so I won?t be able to work instantly on it. But I?ll keep you update when I make progress.

Bye,

Sanpicture

I?ll go modding this house then. I?m going to London for four days tomorrow, so I won?t be able to work instantly on it. But I?ll keep you update when I make progress.

Bye,

Sanpicture
That's fine. Smile
Back from London again! Smile

I have finished the house. I?ve submitted the file for reviewing.
I made the NPC and also a quest attached to the NPC.

When I first talked with some Reich Parkeep habitants, I noticed that they all don?t like you. So I wanted to make a quest which has gold as a reward, but also that the NPC likes you more. And I wanted to use the little farm behind his house (21).

It set it up like this:

- When the player first talks to the NPC, the NPC says that he don?t like him, but if the player will help him to collect something he may like him more, and he?ll pay him for it.
- The player will need to collect some seeds (Fennel Seeds) from plants (Fennel Plants) that grow behind the NPC?s house.
- When he has collected them all, he?ll need to go back to the NPC. The NPC will give him a reward and he will also like him more.

It?s not very great and not very complicated, but I just wanted to add some more stuff than just the NPC and the interior of the house. Smile

(There was a little problem when I worked on this mod. I wanted to look if I could add a quest image, and while searching for that I accidentally removed the quest image for "TG02BloodPrice". Could you replace that for me? I?m not able to do so, as I can?t open the quest images made by Bethesda. And I would like to keep my mod clean.)
- Edit: did some research and found out on the ES Wiki how to clean your mod. Problem solved. Smile

The NPC?s got little AI now, but I?ll add some more AI (like sleep, eat, more wander and UseItem packages. The last one so that he can work on his farm behind his house) after my mod is reviewed and when there are no more errors in it.

Bye,

Sanpicture
I'll reply later today.
Abbrev.

F= Floating / B= Bleeding / S= Look at Screenshot / PG = Pathgrid / th = tetrahedron, point / sh = the silhouette / R = Resize / Re = Reposition / A = Adjust

General info.

Please add a version number to the name of your esp files. TIA

Furniture (Oblivion) is floating (a little) because of the silhouette (the CS assumes (after pressing "F") the bench (for example) is already on the floor, it's an error). Press "F" twice or thrice. All the furniture with silhouettes have the same problem.

Use an activatorflamenode04 etc. it gives a nice sound of a burning fire.

If you create a new interior try to position the first piece of the tileset at X,Y,Z = 0, 0, 0. Use snap to grid (32-64) and snap to angle to create a basement etc. from a tileset.

Is there enough clutter?
In the lower right part of CS screen you'll see the faces (face count).
For your interior it's 65779. It should be around the 100k and max 250k for an interior of this size.
This is important to keep the fps acceptable.

How do I keep my mod clean?
Avoiding contaminations.

- Packages should start with StSP... etc.

- For the location: Don't use "in cell". It can produce unexpected behavior.

- Make sure that the packages are chronological (use the left arrow key).

- Add a wander package type: Time and duration any. Specify a radius (near editor location) of 1024 etc.

[indent][/indent]This is always the last package in the list.

[indent][/indent] You could use a standard package for example aaaDefaultExploreEditorLoc1024.

Use a candlepuddle (static) for under your candles (when on a wooden and burnable surface).

Edit your dialogue through the quest window and not through the dialogue window (creates unclean dialogue).

The Groundfloor.

Replace the city door by StDoorRedMAINloaddoor.
The hammer and the bottle are bleeding (S).
The plates are floating (S).
The blue part is lower than the ridge.

StRwMiscFlowerpotRedoran, F
StBook1ReligiousFellowshipOfTheTemple,F
StBook1CheapTheAffairsOfWizardsTELVANNI, F, A
StRwMiscDunCloth02, A

StFurnDunPoorStool01R (2*), make sure the feet of the sh are on the floor.

StFurnDunPoorTable11, the bread and the bottle are floating.
Adjust the apples (F).
Add a candlepuddle.

Pathgrid.

Make sure every sh has a th (point).

NPC.

Check auto calc, to calculate the level.

AI.

Add more AI (eat, sleep, read a book etc.)

Dialogue.

StSPFennelInfoDUPLICATE000 (rename it, remove duplicate, it suggests a duplication error) and remove the
StSPFennelInfoDUPLICATE000 topic from the result script (it's already in the add topics listing, hence the duplicate).

Create a few lines of dialogue for after the quest.

General Remarks.

As this is your first reviewed interior, I listed everything I saw.
In order to make you aware of the problems in the reviewed interior.

Use the StInRedBuilding06basementcap to close the gap (you don't have a basement). Use snap to grid/angle.

Add more clutter (see above). Go at least upto 100k.

Move the doormarkers closer to the steps / exit (interior/exterior).

Change the editor ID of your interior to Soluthis1221.

I like the quest. Smile
I recognize the bleeding bottle problem. There were a few problems like that in the latest esm, no doubt stemming from one of my model revisions. But since I see the new Redoran interior in the screenshot the version of the assets you Sanpicture are using should have the latest versions of the bottle models as well. Strange.
Thank you for the detailed review! Smile

I?ve got a question about the clutter: there isn?t enough, but is my face count too high or too low?
I also can?t see the gap in my interior when I test my mod. There was one when I used StInRedBuilding06basementcap, so I thought that you should use that one if you want to have a basement. That?s why I took the one I?m using now.
And what do you mean with "Make sure every sh has a th (point)."?
I?m still a bit noobish when it comes to some terms used in the cs. Wink

I?ll correct the errors and send you the file when I?m done.

To Razorwing: I don?t know how to solve this problem. I?ll just make sure the bottle(s) is/are not bleeding when I send the corrected mod. I don?t know for sure, but maybe the bottle doesn?t bleed when you?re ingame. That it?s just a problem concerning the cs.

Bye,

Sanpicture
Pages: 1 2 3