Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Soluthis1302 [Finished]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[Image: Area03_Composite.jpg]

[blockquote]"The Slums" is the general term for the poor area in Soluthis' southwest corner. The folks are somewhat reclusive, and tend a large communal saltrice plantation which provides the bulk of their diet. The city grew and prospered over time, but the slums remained the same as the stubborn farmers didn't give a damn about Areya's pleas regarding property value. Their reasoning seems to be that, "So what if it's a prime spot adjacent to the Skyrim road city exit when one's forefathers have lived, loved and died for countless centuries on the same soil?" Areya gave up trying to convince the farmers to sell their homes some twenty years ago and just erected a wall around them, keeping the eyesore from merchants travelling the busy road.[/blockquote]

House type: Round Home
Claim size: Small
Neighbourhood: The Slums

There is a starter cell for this location, so load up Oblivion.esm + Silgrad_Tower.esm and open the cell Soluthis1302, and then you can get started. The owner(s) of this building are Dunmer belonging to Great House Redoran. Please use the name generator to come up with good male/female names. Don't use any Imperial stuff in this location, whether from TES4 or from our mod, apart from clothes and weapons. You can modify the layout if you like, but don't sprawl it too far. This is for suspension of disbelief only, as some players might wonder if he wasn't going under someone else's house. If you need more space just add another vertical story under the existing basement.

Please set up AI behaviour for the NPC(s) in your claim at your discretion, but do make sure they wander around outside for a part of the day so the neighbourhood feels alive. Note that the exterior is situated in SoluthisWorld03, not in SilgradTowerLand. Try to use existing xmarkers when possible to avoid clutter but don't let them limit you if they don't work for your needs.

[title]Information.[/title]
Extended information on modding in general can be found in sandor's excellent thread Technical Info concerning Interiors, and naturally the articles on the CS wiki are always worth reading. But don't forget to run forum searches here as well, because often you'll find the answer here instead of the wiki. If you don't find the answer, feel free to post the question here in your claims thread But beyond that it's worth remembering that trial-and-error is an integral part of modding and it's only natural that you have to playtest your work to see if what you did worked or not.
Hi

I would like to make this my first claim for Soluthis.

Hopefully you will grant it to me because I, while I havent done any of the scripting yet I have given it a lot of thought already.

Here are a few ideas that came to mind after some brainstorming today.

The home is dressed for the slums so to speak. Nothing fancy here but plenty of small everyday items. I will base the decoration on inspiration from some of the low status homes in oblivion.

The owner of the House will be Fadril Uvalor, He is a dunmer in his early adult years. Fadril is an orphan. He was raised by a sister in the temple after being left there when he was only few days old. He carries a letter with an apology from his mother and a necklace that had been laid in the basket in which he was found. These items are his most precious possesions and he keeps them with him at all times. When he became of age he left the temple and moved into an empty hut in the slums. He doesnt talk much with his neighbors and is often in a very sad or frustrated mood. He spends his days wandring the city streets and visits the temple once every day. He begs for food at various inn's, taverns and from food vendors in the market district if we have something like that.

The letter he carries is the que for a quest. but not one of the kind where you will be goated around until you visited x number of places. I want the player to do some investigation to find the various plot points. I hope this is acceptable in terms of modding practices for this mod.

1. If the player walks around in the slums he may hear some of the other inhabitants talking about Fadril's sad mood. This will trigger a topic.

2. If the Player approaches Fadril he will ask for some food and if given some his mood will open up as topic for conversation. At first he wont want to talk about it but given a high enough disposition he will reveal parts of this past and how that makes him sad. With even higher disposition will show the letter to the player.

2a. The letter will hold some clues in terms of a first name for his mother and that she had to do it and leave own to live with here relatives somewhere due to the shame of being pregnant without being married(not sure where yet but perhaps I'll pick up a claim somewhere else or when the time comes a farm could be built somewhere to allow the propper npc's to be placed. suggestions for a temporary solution would also be appreciated.

3. Once the relatives are located the player will learn that Fadrils mother has died but left a journal that explains how his mother had an affair with the master of the house in which she was a servant.

4. The father has recently died but he lived in one of the middle upperclass homes in Northeastern Hights(I will claim 0703 or 0704 for this if possible). The house is now owned by another son who returned from another city to claim his inherritance. He is however younger then Fadril so he should have been the one inherriting the house.

I haven worked out the details of the last part of the quest but the idea is that it can spin in two directions.

One which leads to the player stealing the items from Fadril and giving them to his brother for money or the other where the player helps find evidence of his rightfull claims in his fathers things in his brothers house, and making the claim with the help of the temple.

any thoughts and suggestions much appreciated.
Quote:Originally posted by Ghost_dk
I would like to make this my first claim for Soluthis.
You're most welcome, on behalf of Razorwing, granted. Smile

..but not one of the kind where you will be goated around until you visited x number of places.
Great!

I will claim 0703 or 0704 for this if possible
Please, go ahead.

If you need advice send a PM or make a post in this thread.
I like your ideas, and we can definitely use more quests in the city :goodjob:
Can I claim this one?

Soluthis 0404 will be done soon, I wouldn't mind doing another house in the meantime though, if that's alright.
Quote:Originally posted by Dave_91
Can I claim this one?

Soluthis 0404 will be done soon, I wouldn't mind doing another house in the meantime though, if that's alright.

Sure, go right ahead :goodjob:
Great, should be done tomorrow.

I made a tower too, maybe it could be used for Soluthis 0507?
Quote:Originally posted by Dave_91
Great, should be done tomorrow.

I made a tower too, maybe it could be used for Soluthis 0507?

Glad to hear it Smile

I'm sure it could, though please send that in as a separate esp in the other thread.
Right, here it is. A little later than I originally thought. Tongue

Let me know if you notice any problems with the bed, because when I was testing it in game, when the Bosmer NPC sleeps, he's sort of half way into the bed, like it's clipping. I don't know why it's happening, I've tried lots of times to try and fix it, but it keeps happening. Confusedhrug:

I'd like to finish up on the AI with the house and shop in Kali Gulas after this, and edit the dialogue and AI of Sul Thedas in 1301 now that he has a new neighbour. Wink If that's okay. (For the dialogue and AI for 1302) Would this need to be in a seperate plugin, or can I edit the 1302 original file and save it as a newer version to be merged or what? Or can I just apply the changes to this (1302) plugin?

Link to Download
Nice retextures :goodjob:

But please put the container meshes in meshes\ST\Containers\Dunmer and the textures in textures\ST\containers, and then please resubmit the esp. I've placed your assets there in the update packs and fixed the texture links, so you only need to post the new esp with updated paths to the nifs. Thanks in advance.
Pages: 1 2 3