Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Soluthis1304 [Finished]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[Image: Area03_Composite.jpg]

[blockquote]"The Slums" is the general term for the poor area in Soluthis' southwest corner. The folks are somewhat reclusive, and tend a large communal saltrice plantation which provides the bulk of their diet. The city grew and prospered over time, but the slums remained the same as the stubborn farmers didn't give a damn about Areya's pleas regarding property value. Their reasoning seems to be that, "So what if it's a prime spot adjacent to the Skyrim road city exit when one's forefathers have lived, loved and died for countless centuries on the same soil?" Areya gave up trying to convince the farmers to sell their homes some twenty years ago and just erected a wall around them, keeping the eyesore from merchants travelling the busy road.[/blockquote]

House type: Oval Home
Claim size: Small
Neighbourhood: The Slums

There is a starter cell for this location, so load up Oblivion.esm + Silgrad_Tower.esm and open the cell Soluthis1304, and then you can get started. The owner(s) of this building are Dunmer belonging to Great House Redoran. Please use the name generator to come up with good male/female names. Don't use any Imperial stuff in this location, whether from TES4 or from our mod, apart from clothes and weapons. You can modify the layout if you like, but don't sprawl it too far. This is for suspension of disbelief only, as some players might wonder if he wasn't going under someone else's house. If you need more space just add another vertical story under the existing basement.

Please set up AI behaviour for the NPC(s) in your claim at your discretion, but do make sure they wander around outside for a part of the day so the neighbourhood feels alive. Note that the exterior is situated in SoluthisWorld03, not in SilgradTowerLand. Try to use existing xmarkers when possible to avoid clutter but don't let them limit you if they don't work for your needs.

[title]Information.[/title]
Extended information on modding in general can be found in sandor's excellent thread Technical Info concerning Interiors, and naturally the articles on the CS wiki are always worth reading. But don't forget to run forum searches here as well, because often you'll find the answer here instead of the wiki. If you don't find the answer, feel free to post the question here in your claims thread But beyond that it's worth remembering that trial-and-error is an integral part of modding and it's only natural that you have to playtest your work to see if what you did worked or not.
I'll take this one, if you don't mind.

:goodjob:
Wonderful! Big Grin

blue[/HR]

:alert:

03.18.2007 19:24

If you want to reclaim this interior, post in the claims thread , unless it was claimed by someone else.

sandor
I'll claim. Making the interior will be easy, but do I need to have an npc?
Quote:Originally posted by X23
I'll claim. Making the interior will be easy, but do I need to have an npc?

Welcome back. Smile

You have to create a NPC with full dialogue/AI etc.

Have fun! :yes:
Great =)

Yes, like sandor said you must create an NPC and give him dialogue and an AI schedule. You don't need to create voice work. Also create a pathgrid and please set up the door teleportation (from the inside and out, not the outside and in, btw). That way it'll be a neat, tidy and finished interior that the player will have fun experiencing. Looking forward to seeing your progress!
I'll be going away this week tomorrow. I've done some progress, and I'll have a playable version this weekend probably
An update please. Smile

blue[/HR]

:alert: 18.05.07 20.52 CET

You were last active: 13.04.2007 21:50.

If you want to reclaim this interior (when not claimed), please go ahead.

sandor
I'll claim this one if it's okay.

Edit 2007.05.29 05:22:
Here it is. The NPC won't use the load door for some reason, I've added a SubSpace like usual, but he just stands there looking stupid. I'd appreciate it if someone would look into that and let me know what's wrong with it.

[attachment=8580]Soluthis1304 v1.0.esp[/attachment]
- Use a larger subspace.
- Link the interior to the ST land (not to the RP Real).
- Change the package locations for the exterior (ST land)

I like the atmosphere of the interior. Smile
Pages: 1 2 3