Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Knights of the Nine, will we use it?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As Knights of the Nine is coming out here in America and available for download soon, it made me think. Will we use some of the models and textures from it in Silgrad Tower? If we do, people who don't have it won't be able to use the mod, but people who do will get to take advantage of it.
I added a poll to get the opinion.
I say use it like the expansions for Morrowind were used IF we even use it. We've got several mighty fine tallented modellers, texturers, modders, composers, etc... And also if what it has in it will be useful or not to the mod.
I think that we will later on, when more people have it, for compatibility.
Stilgar's Textures > Bethesda's textures

If they have anything that we have GOT to use, I suggest making a version of the mod that does use it, and aversion that doesn't need it, but can still run with it. I will buy this mod just because it will be in stores, but I don't think we should be dependant upon it unless it adds something FANTASTIC. Which it won't. I'd bet money on that.

(By "FANTASTIC", I mean something Finally Allowing aNybody To Allocate Static Tripolar Instances of Collision.... no I don't. I mean that they won't add anything that specifically adds new features to the game that can't be modded in with our abilities right now. Just new meshes, textures, and quests. And locations.)
I'm with Zarf here, and I really don't see what the mod adds that would be needed in Morrowind. As far as we know its not like an Xpac that adds in new script functions and stuff.
I agree, we have allot of good modders here and we probably won't need it. I just wanted to see everyone else's opinion.
No.

ST is free
What does Knights of the Nine offer?
new quests - doesn't help us
new amour - doesn't help us either
new buildings (not shure here) - might help us a bit but we have great modders and we don't need it

there is nothing usefull. it doesn't add new skript funktions like tribunal to morrowind.
No, I don't see us making our mod dependant on it, for the same reason many others expressed above; it doesn't have anything we need, and anything we do need we can surely make ourselves. Smile
No, there's no reason too and it'll add a 'requirement' to ST, and that never helps....
Pages: 1 2