Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: need a tad bit of Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Don't know where else to turn...

And don't know where else to post this...

Anyways on to the problem:

My brother, whom downloaded parkeep, decided to remove the mod until a more complete version was released (basically until it was out of Beta), so he removed it, and I don't mean just went through data files and unselected it, I mean removed the mod file. I know the mod added a nice little "Silgrad Tower" thing below the main title on the main menu. Since this removal we have been able to get the game to load up. We can get the launcher, but then it closes with a error when we run the game.

What I am wondering is since the installation of this mod changed the title screen, would improperly removing it cause this error (it seems the answer is yes...but I'm asking just incase this is not the first case of this happening) and if so is there a way to reverse the damage?
Hi there Gren Marlik, and welcome to Silgrad Tower!
:wave:

The special title graphics are achieved through three files which are completely stand-alone.
- Oblivion\Data\menus\options\main_menu.xml
- Oblivion\Data\Textures\menus\loading\tes_oblivion_logo_bink.dds
- Oblivion\Data\Textures\menus\loading\tes_oblivion_logo_final.dds

The mod doesn't use them directly, and removing them shouldn't affect the game in any way.

Sounds to me like your brother may have removed more than he should have.
According to him he removed every file and folder in the data folder. He says it shouldn't have affected the game.

But then He isn't the most knowledgable when it comes to computers and software.
Quote:Originally posted by Gren Marlik
According to him he removed every file and folder in the data folder. He says it shouldn't have affected the game.

But then He isn't the most knowledgable when it comes to computers and software.

Really? He did that?

I suggest reinstalling the game.
Ok then.

Thank you for the help.