Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: What's this 'Soluthis' you speak of?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've looked in all the obvious places on this forum (of which there are many) but I cannot seem to figure out what 'Soluthis' is. Also, where did you get so much info on Silgrad and Reich Parkeep?? I can't find anything on TIL. I'm trying to figure out where all this takes place, but the most recent offical map doesn't even show them =/

EDIT: ok I found both shown as little town thingies on the Arena map http://til.gamingsource.net/maps/arena_morrowind.shtml and the MW concept map http://til.gamingsource.net/maps/concept_morrowind.jpg
nice profile pic!

and about ur question, im as stuck as u are

= :eek:
Map of Reich Parkeep and Soluthis.

Reich Parkeep is the Imperial part (on the hills) and Soluthis is the Redoran part of the city, situated around the hills.

Overview Map.
Quote:Originally posted by sandor
Reich Parkeep is the Imperial part (on the hills) and Soluthis is the Redoran part of the city, situated around the hills.

The reason for this (I believe) is because the Imperials invaded Soluthis (back in the second era/early third era or whatever), and took control of its centre. As you can imagine, the Reich Parkeep-ers and the Soluthis-ers aren't always on good terms...

Reich Parkeep
Richard: The release thread explains what Soluthis is, so I'm surprised you had trouble finding that information.

[blockquote]Reich Parkeep is a city you could actually visit in The Elder Scrolls I: Arena, located on the Morrowind Province's mainland. As you know, The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind took place on an island in the Morrowind Province, and so you couldn't visit Reich Parkeep in-game -- unless you played the mod created by the Silgrad Tower team, as that mod added a big chunk of the Morrowind Province's mainland to the game.
[...]
The city itself is diveded into a Redoran part, called Soluthis, and an Imperial part that gives its name to the overall city. The Imperial part consists of two keeps built on either hill connected by a bridge, and all around it is the massive, sprawling Redoran settlement.[/blockquote]

I mention the infosite a lot in the release thread, and it's also included in the download. It's project description page is quite informative.

Also on the infosite, listed in the FAQ under "Sundry questions", the term Soluthis is explained in more depth:

[blockquote]> What does the name Soluthis come from?
In the early stages of Morrowind's development, Bethesda was planning to mod the whole Province but only mod bits and pieces of it. In the end, only Vvardenfell was modded, but modded in whole. However their original plans for TES3 became known when they released an old concept map to coincide with the 10th anniversary of Elder Scrolls in late 2004. Apparantly, they had changed the name of Reich Parkeep to Soluthis. We kinda like the old name, because the town existed in our TES3 mod and it's grown on us. So then we decided to use both names, but use them separately for the two different districts.[/blockquote]

Steering over to the main website's map page one can find all kinds of maps linked at the bottom to compare with our landmass. Of particular interest is the concept map I mentioned in the FAQ.
AHHH/ Makes much more sense now. I recall reading that page several months ago, and never got back to it.