Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Voice Actor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, just downloaded the mod today, and was both amazed and pleased at what has already been done! I decided I'd like to help in any way possible, so I thought voice acting would be a good place to start. I can do many different voice-styles, but I'm best at upper class loud/booming voices. So if anyone can help with where to start, that would be great! Thanks
Hi Lamlam, welcome to Silgrad Tower!
:wave:

I'm glad to hear you like the mod! Thanks for volounteering, though what we need done the most right now is make our cities come alive by completing more interiors. There's tons of claims posted on our claims board, and I'm sure you can find one that interests you. Naturally you are most welcome to add voice work to the dialogue of all the NPCs you create Smile
Sounds good to me! Thanks, I'll go and have a look there first then, thanks Smile
Excellent! [Image: grin.gif]

Edit: Oh, and if you still want to do additional voice work on the side you're most welcome to. I wrote a little guide some time ago with info on how a voice worker can create voices for dialogue already in the mod. Most of it is pretty straightforward if one has already recorded voice work successfully though. I'm looking forward to working with you and hope you have a great time as part of our team! Smile
I'm not entirely sure that there's no strong need for voice acting at this point. One thing that I noticed was that the absence of voices for the new lines meant that the written lines tended to disappear before I could finish reading them. For that reason, I was thinking of providing filler lines until people with non-cringe-inducing voices can do their thing. I myself welcome any such work; in fact I would suggest that people providing dialog provide audio, if it's generated for the time being.

Thanks,
Steve
Hey, welcome to the World of Voice Acting. :]

Any particular voices aka. races, you can pull off? =)