Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Vvardenfell heightmapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Axen is no longer the heightmapper for TES4 Vvardenfell, I don't feel like discussing why Axen has been laid-off but if you've been observing the Vvardenfell forums, I think the reasons are apparent.

this mod, needs a devoted, but also efficient, hard-working, and timely person to do the heightmap
it will be mostly the same as Vvardenfell as it was in TES3 but with some small changes notably implementing the Great Scathes of Molag Amur, an slightly expanded Bitter Coast, taller Red Mt., making the West Gash more broken badlands looking, and giving enough room on the Azura's Coast for a mushroom forest.
and of course the island is much bigger this time around, like about 4x bigger

does anyone feel that they have the skill, devotion, and timeliness to make a quality heightmap?
If so, please reply in this topic. Thank you very much. :yes:
Good luck with this. And if you didn't already, you should post something in the official forums.
I will be :yes: just went off on a bathroom break Wink

no sign of any interested... and Grey Wizard was but I had to turn him down cause Axen had claimed it awhile back... Sad how ironic life is... oh well... will check back tomorrow... g'night
You'd best go with a 1.5x scale then 4x as oblvion has probelms with to big of a LOD mesh and also because with a bigger HM it puts the HMer's PC under ALOT of strain. Also most of the other BC projects have a 1.5x (up to 2x) scale anyway.
He mains 4x bigger than the tes3 vvardenfell, nog 4x times bigger than oblivion.

I think...
Quote:Originally posted by dutchman
He mains 4x bigger than the tes3 vvardenfell, nog 4x times bigger than oblivion.

I think...

It doesn't really matter what he was referenceing.
yeah 4x larger than the island was in TES3
I have heard of the LOD problems and I think 4x larger than TES3's is the best way to go
Is the heightmap the land istself, cause i have been practicing making land and started Balmora area. I have been using a tutorial that made me drag the land up from under the water, is this the way the heightmap works?

Sorry for n00bish questions.

Reign.
Quote:Originally posted by Reign
Is the heightmap the land istself, cause I have been practicing making land and started Balmora area. I have been using a tutorial that made me drag the land up from under the water, is this the way the heightmap works?

Sorry for n00bish questions.

Reign.

A heightmap is an image that tells the game how high the land is over a large area. One HM quad is 32 * 32 cells (approx), and Vvardenfell is planning to have a fairly decent size for the landmass (the max being 6 * 6 quads, with LOD).

You can learn more about Heightmaps from the CS wiki:

http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/ind..._landscape
http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/ind...ap_Editing
I think we have a heightmapper...
Validity7 will help GreyWizard a bit and he will make the TES4 Vvardenfell heightmap...
i trust him as I have seen what he can do. I'm a bit ashamed since it is so ironic, I turned his offer down awhile ago since Axen had the job. But after a few months Axen did nothing as far as anyone knew... and now the Grey Wizard graciously offers his help. :yes:
Pages: 1 2