Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: name tags
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi I'm mormacil, concept artist for Valenwood. I post this here because it's importatn for all of us. Yesterday I was thinking and I got this idea. I think it's useful for every mod to use nametags in the ID of their things, NPC's, objects, weapons etc.
So how would such a tag look like. It has 4 characters. The first 2 are BC (Beyond Cyrodill Wink) The other 2 represent the mod, so for Valenwood that will be VW. Example:
BCVW_Lucius Clavidus000001
Why nametags? Well it's simple, in the CS you can easily recognise what belongs to which mod. For example for Valenwood were planning to let every Khajiit NPC have Khajiit teeth in their inventory. Why? lets say it's for a quest Wink Anyway it's handy when we want to edit the other mods, or want to avoid that.
It's a request but I think we all will benefit from it.

Mormacil
All mods already use naming systems like that. Skyrim uses "1SKxx[modder initials]xx[object name]". :yes:
Quote:Originally posted by Psychotic
All mods already use naming systems like that. Skyrim uses "1SKxx[modder initials]xx[object name]". :yes:

Most projects already use some sort of naming sytem like ours Mormacil, I'm sorry you didn't catch on sooner Wink