Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Current Progress on some Architecture
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all,

I thought I'd post the current progress of some models I've been working on. I'm only starting out and still very new to 3DS modelling, but I think I'm picking up the basics very fast and things are moving along quite smoothly, thanks to all the excellent!!! Tutorials on this site and the wiki.

Anyway, I thought I'd start with simple models and work on the complexity as I move along and get better. Well, this morning I tried myself at the doorframe and I think it turned out quite acceptable (for a n00b) Smile

Let me know what you guys think.
Looking good :goodjob: It reminds me of Indoril Architecture.
Quote:Originally posted by Darkness Eternal
Hi all,

I thought I'd post the current progress of some models I've been working on. I'm only starting out and still very new to 3DS modelling, but I think I'm picking up the basics very fast and things are moving along quite smoothly, thanks to all the excellent!!! Tutorials on this site and the wiki.

Anyway, I thought I'd start with simple models and work on the complexity as I move along and get better. Well, this morning I tried myself at the doorframe and I think it turned out quite acceptable (for a n00b) Smile

Let me know what you guys think.

I've sent you a PM.
Update:

Windows and Doors Smile

Note: All textures are stock OB for now. I plan on making my own once I have the tileset complete. Thankfully I have more experience with photoshop than 3DS max Big Grin
Looking awsome!!! Just some minor C&C, forgive me, but do you see the wood panel below the roof and above the door, it looks straight, passing everything in a wierd way, I cant explain myself, but you might want to try to have them come out of the wall instead of haveing them in a straight direction. Hope you understood that. Keep up the good work.
Will this be a modder's resource, or is it Silgrad exclusive?
Nice work so far, DE :goodjob:
yeah that looks really nice, like idk how it fits in with elder scrolls lore, but it just looks like a really sweet fantasy type house.

:goodjob:
Thanks for the replies!!

Actually, these designs are loosely based on a Tileset once released for MW, by Deathbliss. I only wanted to start with something simple until I get the hang of things and move on to more complex models.

However, I think I'll continue with this and release a mini Tileset once I'm done.

Also, since I mentioned Deathbliss' tileset above, I do still have that mod and may take a look at it later for conversion. I'm not sure if it's okay with him to use his models in OB, but I'll see if I can get permission.

Anyone know how I can contact him?
PM? E-mail? Whatever you can find.
Pages: 1 2