Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Ascadian Styles in Steadhelm
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've started working on adding Thinalphiel's great shop "Ascadian Styles" to Steadhelm. As the clothes only look good if the player is using Better Bodies, me and Thinalphiel went about creating a shop sign to communicate that to the player, and it's now swinging merrily outside the shop as shown in the screenshot.

The shop and clothes still work even without the player using Better Bodies, they just don't look very good then. Most players do use BB so personally I doubt it'd be a problem. So, nothing has been changed there, you still only need Mw+Tribunal+Bloodmoon to play ST.

If luck is on my side I can have a finished edit available tonight Smile
Looks good!! Big Grin
-=DOWNLOAD THE SILGRAD EDIT=-

Thinalphiel: Thanks Smile The actual look in the finished version is quite different though. Here are some screenshots I took. Do you know what's causing the bug in screenshot #5? The bug only shows up on the portrait in the inventory screen. In the real world the shorts display just fine, but on the portrait the legs are shown in black. Strange.

While I was editing the plugin to make it compatible with Silgrad Tower, I wrote down some notes which you might find useful. I've already handled them for the Silgrad Tower version of the shop, so you don't have to fix them in the stand-alone on my account.

- The rug in front of the entrance door is levitating slightly.
- There's no pathgrid in the interior.
- The scuzzy bosmer has a script that's already in the game. It's called [nolore]
- The man and woman have unique (and ?ber) weapons. Unique weapons are supposed to be unique, I think. The sanguine items are also meant to be unique, I think. I recall there's a quest in the main game to collect them all.
- The hammock next to the scuzzy bosmer is duplicated.
- I'm not sure why you have created items like "EA_Furn_Com_Planter". You don't have to create a new item just because you resize them Smile
- The interior is about twice as large as the exterior. A com_house #3 at 2.00 scale would be pretty close I think, and that's what ST would use.
- The windows on the interior and exterior don't match.

Quentin: You'll need to edit the wooden walkway outside the shop slightly, and please check the fence which collides with the building in one of the corners. Also I might have accidentally doubled two of the ropes on the wooden walkway, sorry about that. But apart from that, adding the shop should be seamless I think.

Everyone:

[Image: thumb_sltw_rw_edit_ascadian_styles_screenshot1.jpg] [Image: thumb_sltw_rw_edit_ascadian_styles_screenshot2.jpg]

#1. In-game shot of the Ascadian Styles shop in Steadhelm, showing some of the little lushness I added.
#2. Editorshot showing the entrance.

[Image: thumb_sltw_rw_edit_ascadian_styles_screenshot3.jpg] [Image: thumb_sltw_rw_edit_ascadian_styles_screenshot4.jpg]

#3. "Hmm... you look like a size 12. Hold on, I'll measure..." (Sorry Thinalphiel, couldn't resist.) :lmao:
#4. Yaay, now I can party. Big Grin
I downloaded all the files and will implement them into the main plugin later ... after I got hold of the rest of the textures. Wink

Thanks a lot to the both of you. :hug:

Greetings

Quentin
That really isn't a bug in that screenshot. All alpha enable meshes will show the full mesh in that preview window. Most of the BB clothes in that window will show up white where the transperancies should be. Mine are set to black. Nothing can really be done about it.

Since people have a tendency to kill Bosmer, I gave mine uber strength and unique weapons so they could defend themselves. That is how I would like them to stay. Smile

I renamed some of the objects because I changed the scale. Some of them I ended up using the original version anyway, but I never deleted the new item ID. The hammock is not duplicated in my game or my tester's, so I don't know what's causing that.

This was my first ever mod, so I was doing a lot of learning with it.

Glad you're having some fun with it!!
Quote:Originally posted by Quentin Fortune
I downloaded all the files and will implement them into the main plugin later ... after I got hold of the rest of the textures. Wink

Thanks a lot to the both of you. :hug:

Greetings

Quentin

Cool Smile

My internet has stabilized now, so I could upload the full version with the textures. Thinalphiel's original thread on ESF has the original archive, in case it's needed. I forgot to mention it but you need to merge The road to Silgrad Tower first, as this plugin is dependant on it (I reused a little of the stuff I liked from it) Smile

Quote:Originally posted by Thinalphiel
That really isn't a bug in that screenshot. All alpha enable meshes will show the full mesh in that preview window. Most of the BB clothes in that window will show up white where the transperancies should be. Mine are set to black. Nothing can really be done about it.

Since people have a tendency to kill Bosmer, I gave mine uber strength and unique weapons so they could defend themselves. That is how I would like them to stay. Smile

I renamed some of the objects because I changed the scale. Some of them I ended up using the original version anyway, but I never deleted the new item ID. The hammock is not duplicated in my game or my tester's, so I don't know what's causing that.

This was my first ever mod, so I was doing a lot of learning with it.

Glad you're having some fun with it!!

Thanks for explaining the bug Smile

Well, you can't really stop the player from killing anyone if he chooses to roleplay that way, and with people having killed Vivec at level 5, a level 100 NPC wouldn't be a problem for a player if they really set their mind to it. To me, it's part of the beauty of the game to have that kind of freedom. As long as they're normal in Silgrad, that's where my concern ends though.
The only reason I mention it is because you asked my permission to copy my store, not to change it. If it wasn't quite good enough to begin with, I don't understand why you wanted to use it. I feel I should have been consulted before any changes were made, and most likely I would have agreed to them.

Edit: I realize you're not trying to offend me with your changes, but I designed it to suit myself. I didn't ask for anyone to try to perfect it. I released it when I felt it was exactly the way I wanted it.
Thinalphiel: I'm sorry, I didn't know you were so sensitive about changes to your plugin. The clothes are great, and I like the appearance of the NPCs and their dialogue, and I also think your store is laid out beautifully and has a good level of detail and clutter.

Some things weren't perfect in my opinion, like the missing pathgrid and non-moving NPCs and window discrepancies, and I decided to fix those. And common merchants having the power of the Gods and wielding priceless, unique artifacts - in my opinion we just can't have those kinds of unbelievable things in ST. I feel it breaks the immersion of the game when people who are made out to be normal, like your clothiers, are made super-powerful and given ?berweapons. Better then, in my view, to add an Imperial guard to the store, which I did. We could certainly add more and stronger guards as well, which would give your NPCs equal protection as they had before. Ever fought five or six guards? It's not easy to get a strike in on them inbetween the barrage of attacks. So that might be an agreeable solution for both you and Silgrad Tower?
I am slightly offended that you feel the need to "perfect" my mod. It seems as if you're saying that my mod wasn't good enough and that I need your help to fix it.

I reralize that when you asked to put the store in your mod that some changes would need to be made to fit in with your community. It would have been nice to be consulted before the changes were made. I would have felt much better about it if it came in the form of "Can I change this?" rather than "This wasn't right, so I fixed it for you."

I'm still happy that you wanted to include it in your town, and that more people will be able to enjoy it.
Thinalphiel: Yes, I can have an attitude problem sometimes, and will do my best to be more sensitive.

I'd hate for this to cause bad blood between you and Silgrad, so I'll leave the decision to you - either Silgrad uses the version I edited, or we don't use it at all. If you choose the latter, I'll understand. Smile
Pages: 1 2