Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: book claim - the Enchanting of Claws
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
rrrowr? Big Grin
What is it sopost to be. Instructional, history, fiction?
All 3 in one book if possible = learn the spell to make claws enchantable if you find and read.

Hmmmm ... wonder where and in connection with what this might develope?
The story concept #1: A khajiit martial adept in the arena needs a competave edege. Shady mage(guild exile)/necromancer charector offers solution(enchanted claws of flame). The khajiit arena matial fighter rises through the ranks with ease. But begins to feel the strain of the side effects. Because the claws are a part of a khajiit they not only drew power from the small soul gems. But from his very life essance.The main charector can eather die from exaoustion from the enchantments at his moment of glory. And the story teller is the shady mage/necromancer. Or almost dies and is the person telling the story Is the Khajiit arena fighter.
Quote:Originally posted by Silver_leopard
The story concept #1: A khajiit martial adept in the arena needs a competave edege. Shady mage(guild exile)/necromancer charector offers solution (enchanted claws of flame). The khajiit arena martial fighter rises through the ranks with ease. But begins to feel the strain of the side effects. Because the claws are [incorrectly attuned to] a part of a Khajiit they not only drew power from the small soul gems, but from his very life essance.

The main character may either:
- [be drained past the point of death by] the enchantments at his moment of glory, [in which case] the story teller is the shady mage/necromancer.
- Or the main character almost dies, and so the person telling the story is the Khajiit arena fighter.

hmmm :brew: : the process of enchantment is a 'lost art.' The shady/necromancer type came accross a partially intact scroll, and got it wrong ... there is a rumour that the Art originated in the 100 cities, but no one knows quite where or what the 100 cities is ... (except us as we have kingevil's thread to go on...)
I'd wouldan't think of him getting it wrong. But the fact that are a part of a khajiit. Imagin having some mage enchant your toe nails with a paralisis enchantment. I'd just think there would be some complecations in enchanting a part of yourself. A Khajiit could easyly poison his/her claws. I'd think a khajiit would be reluctant to tamper with his/her claws. Anyone who has tryed to paint the claws of a cat would understand. Being the reason that the mage/ necromancer is a shady sort. A possibility it was his reasurch that got him booted from a guild/in hideing. And the fact the Khajiit fighter charector is what he is, only he would be desperate enough to attempt it freely.
I would say that Khajiit Mages have naturally enchanted claws. Maybe they don't realize it, but the magicka coursing through their blood has extended to their very claws.
Hey interestin' thoughtsd guys. what I was thinking of is that:

- claws (like fingernails) are made of ceratin, and do not have nerves in them, though they have nerves attached;
- a cat's claws, being retractable, no doubt are attached to a more complicated and sensitive nerve/muscle assemby than a human's or dog's for example, and so the cat is natureally sensitive to that;

Captain's thought fits very nicely with this thinking - as what might be there basically/naturally would be ambient ... but because of the special sensitivity as stated above ... potentially manipulable - note that I have started such a thread in Black Marsh.

So I believe that if you consider that claws are not fully part of yourself ... then the sensitivity is a second order thing, although it exists and must be accounted for in the process of enchantment ... or drainage occurs ...

If the mage attempting to try this kind of enchantment does not fully understand this because he/she has a damaged manuscript where this info is ommitted ... then we have possibilities ... as you stated in your idea 1 ...

eg (crude write up) : "the claws are dead substance" ... missing part: "but neverless are part of the mana containing material that is a Khajiit's body."

Nice thought about the paralysis = so there have to be 2 parts to such an enchantment = 1) pro-active 2)protective

again, if the mage experimenting mage has the pro-active part, but not the protective part because ... please :brew: Wink