Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: [The Hall of Fame] Credited team members?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I noticed these entries in our Credit list:

Hollow Man
Kalliikak
(Kothloth)
LadyLuck
(Zuldazug)

Should we really credit team members that have been, or still are, part of our mod team? Just curious. Might seem strange to credit some, but not others. Personally I like the idea of "none mentioned - none forgotten" Smile
Perhaps we should indicate that they were contributors to Silgrad Tower - Morrowind/Tribunal/Bloodmoon. Then have a separate recognition for Oblivion contributors.

Ben
Ben Vagara: Sounds to me like that?d be a lot to keep track of?
Those to be credited for ST Morrowind is a list of names fairly static at this point.

As for ST Oblivion.... hopefully the list of contributors is long... that would be a good problem...

However, using the letter codes for modders list would be a likely place to find both ...

Just some thoughts.

Ben
Ok. I'm not sure I fully understand what you mean, but I'm sure it's all good.
If you takkle the credit list head on, it's not much work

I had nearly 100 names (and had to manage copyright issues) for one of my released mod

for the deep sea which was never released (and never finished Sad ) I had nearly 200 names

never feel bad about giving credit for what wasn't done

the important is giving credit to all those who contributed

for textures/models/music, it's usually easy. you usually got the sources, and sometime the initials.

for smaller modders it's not that much harder

I just have a word file and I keep adding names

even contributions such as QA or a helfull link to a texture site or giving me the email of someone. A thank you never hurt.

The really great modders like Fly TSI always give credit to everyone. Same goes for LadyE in DB, she asked permission to everyone, it's just a proof of respect - and in fact it get peoples to respect you even better

Just think how you feel when you buy a game and they don't list the artist and programmers, you feel sad for them and your respect for the company drop a lot

For Silgrad, you got the forums and the forums archive. If you're really lazy you just copy the member list (ok lots of people get credit who*shouldn't* but hell, how many time do you see a singer that get a prize and say *I won it because of the support of my fans*

And if you feel like working harder, you keep tab on whos who
just need 3 files

artists -> that's often view as a special position
anything from concept artist to musician, etc
volunteer -> those are the gray zone, did they deliver the goods ?
contributor -> that's the guy you're sure off

of course peoples can go in many places (Sheikiza is one ;D )

Just my thoughts

but I'm biased, I always did thing that way

One thing I can say is, when you do it that way, don't be surprised if you get extra respect and extra support.

Cheers !

Astarsis
Astarsis: One of the concerns we've had in the past is that a modder came along, added stuff made by others, then moved on or left the scene completely and left us wondering who the heck had created the things that modder brought into the mod. I had a run-around regarding the toadstool, which I absolutely adore and would love to see in our next mod too, but no-one on ESF recognized it. Ultimately it turned out it was the modder himself who had made it, so all is well when it comes to that one.

I assume our project will continue with the policy to credit those people outside our team who's assets we use in our mod. I haven't heard anything to the contrary from others in the core, and with most things I assume that if no core member expresses a differing opinion we'll continue going about our practices like we always did, like the criteria for being mentioned in the credits.
Yep,

not always easy figuring out who the original author is

Especially in all the small mods lying arround, some peoples happilly grab models and re-release them (so called compilation mod) without care for crediting

There was that skeleton mod claimed by 3 peoples, (playable skeleton), end up user exist is the original maker

Plenty of peoples either grabed Nomad's model from my file and credited me Sad or use the model with the textures and credited Nomad for the extra textures Tongue

I do hope everyone put Rhedd (and Nomad, Gorg, etc...) for the models where applicable

By far the worst is peoples grabbing models from site, converting to nif, and not listing neither the source of the model (website) or the author

I think it's the polite think to do if you use, lets say, David Gurea textures, to list his site, name, mention the Blade of Darkness game... etc...

By the way, he's a friendly chap, the update on the usage on his site probably come from our numerous discussions. It was a touchy subject because he had to check to be certain if it could be used that way, since those were original BoD textures, but he was the copyright owner (per his contract)

It's especially important to copy those usage restriction on your files
(as well as stuff like copyright notice)

It's a privilege they give us by letting use use their artwork (pro level artwork)

Cheers !

Astarsis
By the way!I have an idea of making a credit.We can make a kind of easter egg...Where we hide a scroll..with all the members from ST.What do you think?
Quote:Originally posted by horodnicdragos
By the way!I have an idea of making a credit.We can make a kind of easter egg...Where we hide a scroll..with all the members from ST.What do you think?

It's not a bad idea horodnicdragos, if our member roster was fixed. But as the members of our team fluctuate over time, I fear doing something like you're suggesting would inevitably lead to newer members feeling left out. If we'd done it a couple of weeks ago you wouldn't be in the easter egg, and that's silly, because I like to think you're definetely a part of our team Smile
Pages: 1 2