Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: how Ka Po become dragons?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I'm not sure if you made a way on how Ka Po morph into dragon forms, so I had an idea how

like, they have to eat a lot of plants called Dragonroot which are hard to find and are usually found at the end of caves or dungeons
I'm not sure what lore we have about this.
I have not seen Sphr on the forums for some time, so we can't just ask him Confusedhrug:

But it makes sense that the Ka Po need something to help them become dragons, otherwise every Ka Po would have been a dragon already.
Dragonroot could work, even though it's a lot like Nirnroot Wink
Shouldnt this be in the Lore section of the Akavir forums?
This is, in point of fact, a small matter of contention.

The current lore, as we have sided with Sphr on this, is that the transformation into dragons, is a result of twofold happenings:

The dragons, as they died, transferred their essence into the Ka Po' Tun. Of course, this does little by itself.

The Ka' Po' Tun can transform into dragons by reaching a certain state of 'enlightenment', or reaching a certain level of power. Only two have actually managed to fully do this : Tosh Raka, and one other.

Most Ka Po' Tun who have some of that essence of dragons, only manifest it slightly. Horns, claws, wings, skin sometimes.
hmm, now that I got 'real' lore I have a new idea on dragon transformation

there would be multiple shrines that honor the dragons scattered across Ka Po'Tun (or the entire Akavir region). they are hard to find and you need to leave a certain offering in order to become more dragonlike.
Quote:Originally posted by Kodama
I'm not sure what lore we have about this.
I have not seen Sphr on the forums for some time, so we can't just ask him Confusedhrug:

But it makes sense that the Ka Po need something to help them become dragons, otherwise every Ka Po would have been a dragon already.
Dragonroot could work, even though it's a lot like Nirnroot Wink

How about that it's just their destiny? Some are able to, while some are not.
Actually visiting shrines could be part of the journey to enlightenment. Each shrine has a lesson to teach and the would be dragon has to fully master them all.

The dragonroot idea could be worked into it. Many esoteric and mystery religion use(d) herbs of various kinds to help with the enlightenment process.
Since Sphr is not around, I think that we can do some things in his absence. I won't say we won't see him again, as, we usually do. He's either busy, or forgotten to check the forums for awhile. Happens.

As far as the transformation being their destiny, I think that is somewhat contradicted by the current lore, that being that it takes the skill to tap into the blood, and that only certain ones have every had enough skill or power to do so.

The Shrines idea sounds good, but kinda sounds like another Pilgrimage of the Seven Graces quest. It might work. However, according to the lore that barely anybody understands (including myself), it sounds like the act of transformation is caused by a certain level of enlightenment by the Ka Po' Tun themselves - this would seem to indicate that the potential lies in the Ka Po' Tun, and not necessarily in the shrine. Perhaps, it's something like Zen - the shrines could be littered with Koans, and that the contemplation of them helps to speed them along enlightenment.

As far as the herbs go, I have no idea. From what I understand now of most drugs, they do not tend to help you attain enlightenment, just give you a really crazy head trip.
Chinese Medicine does use herbs, but not like we think of them. You don't just take some ginseng to make you're Chi 'better'. You might actually harm your Chi in doing so, and the actual 'doctors' need to tell you what to take, and when. This is not to say that, to be authentic, that we would need an entire system of Chinese Medicine in Akavir. But, rather, that herbs in the Eastern sense are a lot different than in the Western sense. It's not popping a pill. It's literally about keeping yourself in balance. Wonderdrugs exist, but Wonderherbs do not.
Everyone must remember though, there is only one fully dragon Ka Po Tun, and through various in-game books it is implied that though many of them "try", their king was the only one that actually succeeded. This leads me to believe that the rest of them really don't know how to transform, they are all just doing weird things they think might turn them into dragons, like drinking weird herbs or going on fruitless quests.

In the entirety of Nirn, even on Tamriel, dragons are regarded as demi-gods in their own right and so I don't think there is any blood ore essence involved, only those that meditate and become holy become dragons, which is like ascending to a godlike-state. So really,t he dragons are just a simble (though they did truly exist).
maybe it is akin to achieving that weirdo CHIM thing

sorta attaining a huge level of realization... and you can choose to shape yourself as anything, a dragon is obviously something a Ka Po Tun might want to develope into, and thus maybe the king, having come to such a realization on life, he can develope himself into the dragon in him since he has that power... now that he has made realizations about existence and the material world, the spiritual, and how they are the same, that having the realization he is nothing but the effect of creation, but something if he accepts he is nothing real but rises above and can say he is and prove it to the universe...

i dunno, maybei am rambling Confusedhrug:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5