Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Vivec Divided?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know there's been lots of talk over how Vivec has two personalities, and some say that he is actually two people. I'm just thinking, would it be acceptable if there was a point in the MQ where Vivec literally divided into two different people?

I've got some ideas on how it might work, but they'd be worthless if everyone hates the idea of Vivec separating. What do you think?
depends on how it is represented :yes:
I don't want a 'gollum' precious precious but I don't want a Spiderman and Venom...

it has to be presented well...
but one is the poet... one the warrior... one the thief, and one the guardian... one the god, and one the Mer...

Confusedhrug:
Not to worry, I have quite a few ideas on how to present it.

Also, by splitting Vivec into two different people, I meant that instead of there being two people trapped in one body, there would be two completely separate bodies, one for each of Vivec's personalities.

One would be the warrior, thief, god, etc., and one would be the poet, guardian, mer, etc... each having their own separate body. One being wholly Chimer-ish, the other being wholly Dunmer-ish. (as right now, Vivec is half-and-half)

Just in case there was any confusion.

How's that for well presented? I'm still working on a way that Vivec could be physically separated, but I figure it'll have something to do with Azura.

To the drawing board!
yes, maybe it will be a temporary thing, maybe part of his CHIM-ishness or his power of making avatars of himself Confusedhrug: I'll have to do a lot of re-researching of metaphysical lore and CHIM and Vivec himself to see how far we want to go with this but it IS an intriguing idea :yes:
Wonderful thoughts.

Not Azura - she has already spoken and acted through Her avatar of Nerevar...

It does not actually have to be the work of an outside source, though his claimed relationship with and teachings to a certain Daedric Prince comes to mind...

Remember to keep the basic associations true to in-game character formation = thief of hearts + poet for example, as the basic set up is not thief, it is rogue, and therefore intentionally romantic. The warrior is about duty, though as a rogue he has an aspect that is a fighter...

Also it might be that 'given Vivec's own writings' he would divide into his male and female ... with the major section being male. This would make sense genetically too.

Suspect that his femaleness could be a Dunmer attribute - a side effect of, or reaction to, Godhood ...
Quote:Originally posted by raggidman
Wonderful thoughts.

Not Azura - she has already spoken and acted through Her avatar of Nerevar...

It does not actually have to be the work of an outside source, though his claimed relationship with and teachings to a certain Daedric Prince comes to mind...

Remember to keep the basic associations true to in-game character formation = thief of hearts + poet for example, as the basic set up is not thief, it is rogue, and therefore intentionally romantic. The warrior is about duty, though as a rogue he has an aspect that is a fighter...

Also it might be that 'given Vivec's own writings' he would divide into his male and female ... with the major section being male. This would make sense genetically too.

Suspect that his femaleness could be a Dunmer attribute - a side effect of, or reaction to, Godhood ...

Thanks for the input. It's really helpful.

I was just thinking that Azura might try to get revenge for what Vivec did at the Trial of Vivec, but accidentally do this instead. I'll have to do a bit more research at TIL.
Quote:Originally posted by raggidman
like Ying and Yang eh?
maybe his godhood terribly altered his emotional state, so much that he became bipolar in some ways...
:brew: :evil: as a god-being he/she might simply divide his/her body so that each new being has one half of the torso-head with one arm and leg and the other the others.
I like the male/female aspects, the male being the warrior and female the poet

or vise - verse

Enjoy
Bob
Knowing Vivec probably spell it vice :alert: