Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Why such a large Landmass?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Why such a large landmass? What are we going to do with all that space in between cities? It just wouldn't feel right having vvardenfell larger than cyrodiil. Isn't cyrodiil 1.4 times the size of vvardenfell?
after discussion that took place long ago, we decided that we don't need to abide by the shortcomings of Bethesda's Cyrodiil. In 'real life' Cyrodiil is practically 4x as big a Vvardenfell. And Vvardenfell is really huge. So we decided Vvardenfell would be its own world in a sense. And when you go to Vvardenfell, you won't wanna leave cause its going to be awesome and more real.

Also, its VERY important to have lots of room between towns... I mean this island is a frontier... still is in many cases, its a wild land, with small not-so-sophisticated towns aside from Ebonheart and Vivec and the Great House clansteads. Ashlanders, beasts, and cultists in the wildlands...
and if you have all towns practically within sight or strolling distance, you lose the feel of a large expanse of frontier and exotic mostly ashland environment...

now you can argue small size can make up for it with great quality... but in this case, seeing as how we are aiming for what I have stated above, a small size would kill the quality... I hope you understand
Quote:Originally posted by Pjstaab
Why such a large landmass? What are we going to do with all that space in between cities? It just wouldn't feel right having vvardenfell larger than cyrodiil. Isn't cyrodiil 1.4 times the size of vvardenfell?

To quote a Bethesda dev...

"When we tried having distant LOD for Vvardenfell in TES3, Vvardenfell looked like an amusement park" or something along those lines.
Quote:Originally posted by TheImperialDragon
Quote:Originally posted by Pjstaab

To quote a Bethesda dev...

"When we tried having distant LOD for Vvardenfell in TES3, Vvardenfell looked like an amusement park" or something along those lines.
Oh, I think LOD makes lot's of games look smaller. Morrowind seems so big because you can't really tell where your at, plus the loading screens make you stop so traveling from one end to the other takes longer, and theres no horses in unmodded so it takes even longer to walk from one end to the other.
The thing is were not modding TES3. Here we try to bring Tamriel and Akavir to TES4. We do this according to the lore. If Bethesda doesn't meet it's own standards... well that isn't our problem Wink
Although i'm new here, and it's not my call, I think we should not enlarge Vvanderfell. Why?

Well, take a look at all the other province mods on the Silgrad forum... To my knowledge, they are not enlarging their provinces, thus a giant Vvanderfell will be out of place if you are putting it all in one worldspace, thus ruining the immersion.

Another thing against it: It took the devs probably a year and a half to make the landmass and the quests, how the hell are we unpaid modders going to do it, and how long will it take?
I agree on your first point, for the second. I say it takes at least 3 years for each project. More people might speed it up. Remember, Bethesda had like on 3 worlddesigners, 4 dungeons creators etc. We will proberbly have more Wink
i think beth had a slightly larger number. their peole are also highly trained and work 8+ hours per day Wink
Quote:Originally posted by Lady Nerevar
I think beth had a slightly larger number. their peole are also highly trained and work 8+ hours per day Wink
...and they get paid... really well. Don't forget that one, very effective motivator. Big Grin
Quote:Originally posted by Psychotic
Quote:Originally posted by Lady Nerevar
I think beth had a slightly larger number. their peole are also highly trained and work 8+ hours per day Wink
...and they get paid... really well. Don't forget that one, very effective motivator. Big Grin
yeah... large group of developers, highyl skilled and trained... and well paid...
WOW... they must look at us and laugh...

it would be like watching children try to pull off things adults easily do...
and sometimes, we DO pull off awesome mods.... why are we so crazy?
Pages: 1 2