Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Nifskope texture paths
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Basically, how do you make the texture path so it works on any computer. I have the newest version of Nifskope.
Make sure it says textures\ ...wherever

Just as long as it starts with the textures folder and not C:\Program Files or anything else.
Thanks!

How do you get it to start with textures? Screenshots would be appreciated.
In Nifskope, go to

Render>Settings

A window will pop up, at the top it'll say

"Texture Folder"

Under that it's got 4 'Auto Detect' buttons. Click Oblivion and you'll see your Oblivion Game folder added to the area to the right. It has auto detected where you Oblivion Game has installed, so when you load in a Nif file into Nifskope, it'll go straight to that folder for anything. So now the model should be looking in that folder for the textures folder as long as it's Texture Properties start with the 'textures\' folder.

I hope that's what you were looking for. Without that auto detect activate and your model's texture properties is set to the textures folder, it'll be correct but the model still may look white. So with the auto detect, everything should look fine in Nifskope.
Ohhh, ok, I'll try that.