Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: LOD interior ???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I alway thougt it is pity, that you can't see trough the windows, so I just had the Idea, to put the interior of the House, in a different LOD-Worldspace, so you could see trough the windows, and it wouldn't take much performance, couse you would just need a small radius LOD, I think for all houses it would be to much work, but maybe for some special "houses" it could be used.
I tested it, and it looks like it could work, but there are some questions I can't answer:

- would it be possible to add more interiors in one Worldspace (ownership) ??

- could the rain be turned off ??

- would it work with NPC's

[Image: thumb_ScreenShot156.JPG]
[Image: thumb_ScreenShot157.JPG]
[Image: thumb_ScreenShot158.JPG]

so, what't do you think would it be possible ???
An interesting concept :yes: However there is problems with LOD models floating, which could cause some problems. And to turn off rain, you could set the child world space to a weather that didn't have rain.
It's a cool idea, and you're welcome to explore it if you like, but I think it would be equally cool and probably a lot easier if you made the windows fuzzy and put a fake background image on a surface outside the window. Like Bethesda did with the skydisk in the prison cell you start the game in. Also the interior of the tower would have a massive facecount compared to its base area, with level upon level full of clutter, so I think it would be hard to make it interesting without being able to divide the facecount into different interior cells.
There is a mod doing something similiar to your idea for the existing oblivion cities: link
This mod concentrates on weather and light effects/sounds. LOD exterior could follow later.
How about something like this?