Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: He's Dead
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Yep, Sadaam is dead.
Now what?
tear
I know this is perhaps less than tactful to say, but, of course, look for it on youtube within a week.
He got his punishment, and I support that. I'm just against the way it was executed (no pun intended).
I think that the deathpenalty should never be executed, but on the other hand: it's not all about Sadam's punishment; he just couldn't be around anymore.
I'm against the death penalty too, but in Saddam's case I do think it served a purpose, It have let this "victims" close this chapter. But well I always though the US should have just let him be assasinated instead of invading.
Quote:Originally posted by Cuthalion
I think that the deathpenalty should never be executed, but on the other hand: it's not all about Sadam's punishment; he just couldn't be around anymore.
Confusedhrug: yeah, really there are people out there that are just too dangerous to be left alive. Plus I think it sends a message to other evil dictators out there.

Quote: Originally posted by Mormacil
I'm against the death penalty too, but in Saddam's case I do think it served a purpose, It have let this "victims" close this chapter. But well I always though the US should have just let him be assasinated instead of invading.
That would be nice, and definitely preferable than spending a fortune on the war, but then again assasinating him might mean that one of his henchmen who is even whackier would take over. Plus Sadam was really well defended with tons of security, body guards, and look alikes. Worse still is the possibility that it creates a power vaccum, causing the regime to implode, and allowing a terrorist group to establish control like they did in Afghanistan. If a terrorist group were able to get ahold of oil reserves like in Iraq, all hell would break loose.
in my opinion....
he should've been tortured like hell, kept alive only to be tortured more... until he died of exhaustion.... maybe like sleep-depravation torture, it's one of the worst kinds of torture out there.... but of course I understand that the people of this day and age don't want to be inhumane, and though I think Saddam deserves to suffer all the pain he caused to all the people, it simply isn't possible... so I guess he shoulda been killed earlier... they should've shot him when they found him...

but that's my opinion...

he's like Chiang-Kai-shek.... a dictator... a killer... and someone I really don't like
It sends a message "anyone out there, who thinks they can mess with the US or it's allies, knows what will happen now"

Although, it wasn't us who killed him, it was his own people who we handed him over to. That follows one of my favorite sayings "people should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people" That seems like the perfect way to be killed, at the hands of the people you terrorized. I also beleive I saw once that there was some burial ground where he hid the people he had tortured and killed, and they dug up 10,000 or so bodies when they found it.
i think the death penalty is ok in some cases, but i believe that it would be better to throw those criminals in prison for the rest of their lives and rot, which would also settle all moral disputes. i say we throw them into a prison in antarctica. that way they wont even want to escape.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8