Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: nomadic ashlanders?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
personally I have few opinions on this and would like some input from others...

[1] originally we wanted ashlander camps to be nomadic... is it feasible? still a welcome part of our mod?
[2] if not, should we put the camps is different places (some of them) to show they have moved?

just a small discussion, and maybe can help me stir up some ideas for Ashlander quests
Isn't this something that could be scripted

It should be fairly easy Confusedhrug:

you would just need to pre-select locations and script everything so that every few days or weeks they pick up and move to the next place

Could work

Great Idea

Smile
bob
well I dunno...

see this sort of thing encompasses traveling merchants (like actual caravans) and Ashlanders actually moving, not... teleporting... you know what I mean? I'm not sure if the Oblivion and computers can handle it... that's my concern
So if I get your meaning

Your thinking of having them in a location, at random intervals they pick up camp and move to another location

The actual moving from one to another can be seen by the player (IE Ashlanders walking along a path with pack guars and such)

If that is it, I would think it could be done by means of script, of course I have no clue as to how... and I sure don't know about OB

I am pretty darn sure I have seen something like this in a mod for MW along time ago, if I come across it in my fading memory I will let you know

Enjoy
Bob
on day X hour 6 pack camp at campsite 1(disapears)
create pack guars and wagons
during hour 6 until hour 7 travel (guar follow npc, wagon follow guar) to campsite 2
when hour >= 7 & npcs are at campsite2, disable wagon, activate camp at campsite2
Quote:Originally posted by bob196045
I am pretty darn sure I have seen something like this in a mod for MW along time ago, if I come across it in my fading memory I will let you know
I faintly remember something like it as well... :yes:

Quote:Originally posted by A_flyboy
on day X hour 6 pack camp at campsite 1(disapears)
create pack guars and wagons
during hour 6 until hour 7 travel (guar follow npc, wagon follow guar) to campsite 2
when hour >= 7 & npcs are at campsite2, disable wagon, activate camp at campsite2
you gonna be our scripter? or just suggesting Smile
I don't think it is impossible, just will involve scripting and must happen a few times in the game year... and also I don't want people's computer to crash when 20+ Ashlanders and their herds are marching past...
It does sound like an offer to me Big Grin

The PC shouldn't crash because of that, mine would, but thats just because I'm lacking in quality equipment......

It wouldn't be necessary to move them all at once,

If its a concern, then move them in 3 small groups

Group 1 : a scout or 2 and a few warriors 4 or 5 total

Group 2: Workers, they took everything down, now they have to go to the new place and put it all together 2 or 3 of them an 1 or 2 warriors.
Plus a few guar

Group 3: (which shouldn't be far behind group 2) The Ashkhan (1) the Gulakhans (3) the womens 4 or 5 of them, the wise woman (1) and if their childrens, them also, no more than 3 and 3 warriors

so you would have 3 seperate groups totalling around 20 to 25, or smaller even Confusedhrug:

For long journeys group 2 and 3 could meet up at pre-marked locations set up the bedrolls and head out the next day, leaving at different times

Basically so their not all in the same cells during the traveling, that of course is if it's a concern

Enjoy
Bob
that sounds like a good idea...
wow, thanks bob Wink
Big Grin

my brain clicks occasionally

thanks
Bob
If you where in the area of them packing up/setting up camp you would get a massive drop in Fps. Also you have to take into account that the PC could be inside a tent when packing up, this could cause problems when the PC leaves the tent.

Really this could be done for small camps of Ashlanders, but when it comes to the main camps it is too much work for something that could cause alot of Fps damage. Also this is alot of work, your looking at 5-6 AI packages for each Ashlander in the Camp, then about up to 2 posibly lengthy scripts for each Npc, then you've got other problems like pathgrids, etc also each Npc needs another set of daily routine AI packages for each camp, also every single item would need to be included in the script, whcih is alot of refernces. And to top it all of, with this amount of things happening your probably going to have some unavoidible problems with Oblivion and it's bug (Such as it sometimes runs scripts at random).

Not a very nice thing to do.
Pages: 1 2 3