Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: MK's account on the fall of Ald-ruhn
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Quote:From the annals of the Crisis:

"The armies of Oblivion destroy Ald?ruhn, ancestral home of House Redoran, even though ancient rituals were used to awaken the dread emperor crab and the whole city literally rose up to fight the invaders. With their warrior House decimated, the dunmer of Vvardenfell fall back as daedra move towards a siege of Ghost Gate. Prayers to Vivec and the Nerevarine go unanswered."

Merry Christmas, V, and holiday cheer to everyone!

-MK

REMEMBER REDORAN. NEVER FORGET.

and the image

[/hr]

I think that it will somewhat change our idea of what happened to Ald-ruhn, but not our idea of what it becomes...
I think that Ald-ruhn will now become big barracks... basically a war-city, where the only good man is a warrior. The Redoran had two faces, that of the poor but brave peasant, and that of a pious and charitable warrior-noble. Both complement each other. And now, with their clanstead in ruins, and the remaining structure the corpse of a reanimated Emperor Crab, I think the rebuilding Ald-ruhn will be totally 'spartan'. The buildings will all be temple, hospital, or military.... and be heavily fortified... and everyone bears weapons... and I have a feeling 1/2 of the folks will be dead... and many replaced by Redoran warriors... and maybe some mainlanders come to help rebuild their ancestral homestead...

so should be go with it?
I think we might as well. It's cool, and its semi-lore I guess. The only thing I don't like is the skull-look of the crab.... just make it look like a dead crab... but whatever, nothing we can't fix...

what are you guys' thoughts?
like maybe it could look like this after they start rebuilding...
partially rebuilt temple... a strongly fortified area, and hastily made camps with armorers, a few ashlander yurts, a forge, and hastily quarried ash-slabs to make a strong though primitive wall, and a deep trench surrounding the place. Ald Skar will be crumpled but between its two claws where the entrance to the inards used to be, a great memorial and a large ash-pit....

thats how I see it.

[Image: newaldruhnlf9.jpg]
When you say "Ashlander yurts" are you implying that the ashlanders would come to help the Redoran, or did they simply build "Ashlander style" yurts, with no relation to the ashlanders themselves?
That is so last week, man. Tongue Hate to break it to you like that. Wink

I say go ahead with most of the original plan, just no Ald'Skar. The Ald'Ruhn Fighters Guild is the largest building farthest from Ald'Skar, so that would be the most likely spot to provide cover for those whose homes were destroyed, and a centre of operations to rebuild.

Remember, the attack was quite recent, so there hasn't been much chance to rebuild quite yet.
@ Sniper4:
yeah ashlander traders and men coming and hoping to make a profit by selling and provided labor and of course ashland Dunmer who simply move in to have jobs and to have shelter now that the region is increasingly unsafe. But no, not all yurts are ashlander in origin.

@ TheImperialDragon:
sorry, I was gone most last week :|
I think maybe we should have the Ald-Skar be the crumpled crab I envision, but have the rest of the town be like what I have drawn minus the fort thing... just a lot of ruined places and temporary housing sort of things... and the beginnings of walls and repairs...

afterall, the original plan was a ruined city with an intact Ald-Skar, the only change I guess would be a crabby Ald-Skar...
Personally I suspect that MK was just having a laugh - there is really nothing to this and he clearly spent no time working on it - but that does not matter as the idea is fun.

As for the crab:
- if it woke up then it moved = it may no longer be in the same place;
- it may be missing legs now;
- it will be resting on top of the soil = no longer partially buried;
- I doubt that the shell was damaged = usable again;
- if it died there will be a lot of crab meat = great export if the meat can be preserved, or a very, very smelly corpse = nothing that has a nosecan survive in the vicinity Wink ;

So there are a number of possible quests here = work to do for the hero and surviving Redoran provided they can fight back (KKA you were saying that you wanted to offer the hero the chance to fight this battle?) and get to the corpse in time.

There may be a Redoran settlement outside or next to the Ghostgate now!!!! :alert:
Quote:Originally posted by raggidman
Personally I suspect that MK was just having a laugh - there is really nothing to this and he clearly spent no time working on it - but that does not matter as the idea is fun.

As for the crab:
- if it woke up then it moved = it may no longer be in the same place;
- it may be missing legs now;
- it will be resting on top of the soil = no longer partially buried;
- I doubt that the shell was damaged = usable again;
- if it died there will be a lot of crab meat = great export if the meat can be preserved, or a very, very smelly corpse = nothing that has a nosecan survive in the vicinity Wink ;

So there are a number of possible quests here = work to do for the hero and surviving Redoran provided they can fight back (KKA you were saying that you wanted to offer the hero the chance to fight this battle?) and get to the corpse in time.

There may be a Redoran settlement outside or next to the Ghostgate now!!!! :alert:

Why would it have meat on it? They used Necromancy to raise it, and it has been dead of thousands(?) of years prior to this.
I love the concept u drew!
Quote:Originally posted by nerbod
I love the concept u drew!
Big Grin me too
Quote: the whole city literally rose up to fight the invaders
This implies to me that not just Skar, but the other shell-buildings (was the whole town built of the carapaces of huge shelled critters?) also were re-animated and attacked the daedra.

One possibility to leave some of the existing structure in place is to assume that only some of the other buildings were actual carapaces, and the rest were just built to look like that and match the style of existing buildings.

But it may be that all of that is explained in the lore someplace and I just never ran across it.

I love the drawing, BTW.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7