Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Shy girls?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
this is a question for all you good guys here on these forums who are willing to help me out a bit with advice :goodjob:

I asked this girl out to a dance that will be happening this saturday...
I asked her on Wednesday of last week...
we know each other somewhat, and I like her a lot... cause she's fun to talk to, very nice, semi-athletic, and though humble, doesn't put herself down and is honest... I dunno, I'm attracted (though plenty of people fit that something in man's brains tell him to be attracted to someone somehow - you know how it is)
and she's a blonde white girl in a school that is predominantly white, if that has any bearing at all

now I know she is shy... but it is Tuesday and I asked her on Wednesday she smiled, went all red like she was surprised / embarrassed, and said she'd think about it. I mean I had flow finese and I kinda led up to it in a good conversation... and we've talked before and on good terms
so for a shy person, is it unusualy for her not to talk to me about it between now and say... Friday?
I'm also concerned cause I need to buy tickets, and I dunno whether its a yes or a no
and I sure hope its not one of those "keep you waiting on me till the last minute" things
and I don't see her THAT often which complicates things... cause when I am in class I HAVE TO pay attention, or I'll do bad, and the annoying teachers will call me out on it and tell me to stop flirting Big Grin :|
so I mean i wanna talk to her of course (I lik ehow she talks, sounds weird I know) but like... I don't see her that often and I don't wanna pressure her cause from what I've seen, shy peopl eget scared by being pressured

I'm not shy at all in school or anywhere and I don't quite understand the shy mentality...
hope it has nothin to do with me being Asian

so from you guys' experience, how would a shy girl be in this situation, or whats the best thing to do?
I strongly doubt that you being Asian is at all a problem (supposing this girl is not a part of the junior KKK or anything), though looks (I'm sure you're a sexy beast, but just in case) could be another issue depending on how deep/shallow her personality is. One of my buddies is a Tiawanese immigrant, and about as far away from smooth as you can get, yet he manages to get one of the HC Queen finalists to go and play DDR with him, so don't worry about being asian (my school is extremely white-- so white the black kids act more white than the white kids :eek: :dunce: )

I dunno, without knowing her personally I can't really say what she's up to. Really she could be:
-seeing if anyone else will ask her
-startled
-unsure if she wants to go with you
-testing you to see how long you'll wait on her
-putting off saying yes because she is shy
-putting off saying know because she doesn't want to see your feelings hurt
-a plethora of other things both good and bad

So really this could go a lot of ways. Were I you I would have a friend with "connections" snoop around a bit, get a general idea of what is up so you have a better idea of how to proceed, or if you would be better off going for someone else. Oh, and of course pray that to Chuck Norris that his hand may be upon you and guide you Big Grin
Quote:Originally posted by KuKulzA
(I lik ehow she talks, sounds weird I know)
Not at all. You seem to be in love with her IMHO. :goodjob: Well at least extremely attracted to her. Things that seem weird when analysed are not weird at all when love is around. Wink
Quote:Originally posted by Siegfried
One of my buddies is a Tiawanese immigrant, and about as far away from smooth as you can get, yet he manages to get one of the HC Queen finalists to go and play DDR with him, so don't worry about being asian (my school is extremely white-- so white the black kids act more white than the white kids :eek: :dunce: )
HAHA...
there are like 6 black folks in my school... I also probably one of the more outgoing asian kids in my grade so yeah... and yes I am a sexy beast from the east, comin' to get the best from the west Wink

I dunno, without knowing her personally I can't really say what she's up to. Really she could be:
-seeing if anyone else will ask her
-startled
-unsure if she wants to go with you
-testing you to see how long you'll wait on her
-putting off saying yes because she is shy
-putting off saying know because she doesn't want to see your feelings hurt
-a plethora of other things both good and bad
huh... that makes sense... a girl without any of the shyness and a very very assertive personality would say something already...

So really this could go a lot of ways. Were I you I would have a friend with "connections" snoop around a bit, get a general idea of what is up so you have a better idea of how to proceed, or if you would be better off going for someone else.
hmm... I got one like that, but we have exams going on this week and he's so paranoid about his tests... Big Grin but I'll ask him... he owes me a favor

Oh, and of course pray that to Chuck Norris that his hand may be upon you and guide you Big Grin
oh yes.... can't forget him...
I mean if America didn't have nukes, the only thing we'd have that would actually stand against the 'axis of evil' would be the Chuck Norris himself (badass cause he's 1/4 Cherokee)

Quote:Originally posted by mirrored
Quote:Originally posted by KuKulzA
(I lik ehow she talks, sounds weird I know)
Not at all. You seem to be in love with her IMHO. :goodjob: Well at least extremely attracted to her. Things that seem weird when analysed are not weird at all when love is around. Wink
hehehe

[/hr]

I'll do my best and see what happens :yes:
Legitimate Question: Why the hell does everyone tease Chuck Norris? no,i dont like him,but i dont get why his made fun of so much? :eek:
Quote:Originally posted by Shadow
Legitimate Question: Why the hell does everyone tease Chuck Norris? no,i dont like him,but I dont get why his made fun of so much? :eek:
I'm praising him

I don't say that about Bruce lee cause he isn't an Americano and he supposedly died of a pill allergy
so he isn't gonna be Mr. Team America any time soon...

Jack Bouer is up there too....

though Chuck Norris is awesome
She likes you because she smiled and went all red, if she did not like you, she would have said no right away and she would not have smiled and gone red, even if she is a shy girl.
Do NOT wait for her, waiting is always a bad thing, you could miss your only chance.
Talk to her, just ask her if she wants to be with you... tell her that you have to know because you need to buy the tickets.
If she says no after all, then at least you will know that she was never interested at all.
Show her that you are confident and that you want her, do not show any weakness, teenage girls will exploit you if you do (they are like sharks).

I don't think she is putting off saying no because she doesn't want to see your feelings hurt, teenage girls very often only consider their own feelings... never those of others Big Grin
hmm

what you say is very true... the girl I was after before her was like what you said...
and yeah, went red big time... it was like... clifford red... :lol:

but I dunno... there's a history exam soon... I have that class with her... maybe I'll offer to help her if she needs help... sounds overused but whatever... she says she's terrible at history... somehow she's in AP...

but yeah... i gotta find her... the exam schedule messes things up... its all unpredictable when i will see her... and I dunno how to spell her last name and I gotta get those tickets... gotta find her somehow... maybe I gotta find her friend to find her Big Grin
aww... didn't see her in school today, maybe I try tomorrow...
That's too bad... i hope you get to talk to her soon, good luck KuKulzA Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5