Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Looking for cave prefabs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone here ever heard or seen a modded cave prefab/tileset? Whether for Morrowind, Oblivion or some other game. We should have one in our mod, as it's been requested by fans, players and modders alike. But in theory we can circumvent having to model one ourselves by featuring one from perhaps another game community. Caves are such a general subject, most games have 'em, and I can't believe no one's made a tileset of one before. It's just a question of where to find it Big Grin Any ideas?
Hmm... if I'm not mistaken, someone did some retextures (dirt and ice), I saw them on elricm if I remember correctly, but site's down at the moment (for me, anyway).
prefab?

ive seen a number of retextures, but i dont think anyone ever made a whole new tileset (for either game). i could be mistaken though...
Their are some, but I beleive they are just retextures pieces

If your looking for a completely put together model of a cave system you might find something like that in the NWN2 mods forums also gamerstemple might have something

Confusedhrug:
maybe

Bob
I think one was started.
http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/index...hl=Senaria
Not a reply in a while, though.
Dave_91, Lady Nerevar, bob196045: Thanks for replying guys. I should probably have mentioned that retextures wouldn't have worked; TES3 retextures would have been illegal to use in our mod and TES4 retextures would have the same repetetiveness many players are complaining about.

bob196045: I've peaked in on the NWN2 scene for a while but their ways are rather alien to me. I got the impression they sometimes use the word prefabs both for wholly new model sets and for sets snapped together in their CS equivalent. I'll do some more searches there though. I haven't heard of gamerstemple before, but it sounds very interesting! I'll google it Smile

WhiteWizard: Thanks for the tip! You're right though, it looks like it didn't go very far. Pity.
Yeah I looked as well, I think your right about their terminology its more of a snap together, also Gamerstemple is pretty hard to navigate, theirs not much help on knowing what your actually looking at and they to have some unfamiliar media

It was worth a look though

Enjoy
Bob
I replied to the thread asking if anyone was working on it and this is what I got, from Texian.
Quote:Yep, I built a tile set of curvy caves without all those Beth Stags and a few one piece caverns (like we have in Morrowind).

Sadly, stopped work on the set until the Havok affecting FPS issues can be resolved. Curved sections and noise sides take more polys for the Havok. I guess I could use simple cylinders with non-smoothed corners for to keep Havok at a min. Will do some more testing later after I finish the Animated Water project.

The caves sections are easy - getting the Havok right is a ##@$$##. smile.gif

Tex
So we might get it some time. Smile