Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Muckspunge texture request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: th_Muckspunge_Render.jpg]

Download reference files: Mirror #1 | Mirror #2

I would like to request retextures for the muckpod.dds and muckspunge.dds from Morrowind Visual Pack, included in the archive. The textures are wrapped in a cylindrical fashion around the large mushrooms of the same names, which I'm currently modelling. The two textures are very similar to one another so in essence it's just one texture. The muckspunge is the adult version of the muckpod, where the former looks almost like a big vase while the latter looks like a football. The textures need to tile in all directions except the bottom, because they are mirrored vertically and meet up horisontally. The current texture sizes are ok, 512x512 for the muckspunge and 256x256 for the muckpod.
Here's a first version of the muckspunge:
Really nice work so far Stilgar! :goodjob:

[Image: th_MuckspungeStilgarsTexture.jpg]

I think it could be slightly improved if the layer second from the bottom - this one - was made somewhat more bland. Sometimes the texture needs to be tiled as much as three times horisontally, which makes the effect of the ridges on that part of the texture slightly strange. The rest of it is perfect in that sense though. If you could do that, and add the flakes of the original, it would go from great to perfect =)
I didn't include your texture in the latest release since you said it was the first version, and I anticipated I might need to work on the mapping slightly when your final texture version is ready. If the first version is the final version I'll happily use it and thank you for it =)
I'm sorry, I'm currently ill (and the last weeks, too). I made a new version this weekend.
I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you get well soon Smile

Thanks for getting back to me on that, I look forward to it!
I'll go ahead and retexture the muckspunges and muckpods now with the texture you posted. I don't want to use the MVP ones and yours is really good (if not perfect). If you do get a chance to make another version of it I would appreciate it, but you don't have to since the one you posted isn't bad by any means. Thanks for making it! Smile