Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: MP3 to WAV?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just converted some MP3's to WAV's, I've now got about eight 20 MB files compared to the previous 3 MB per file. Is there a way of trimming this number down a wee bit?
I just googled WAV compressor and I got this.
http://www.mp3-converter.com/free_mp3_converters.htm
The first one should compress up to 60% without loss of quality.
It converts them to another format unfortunately. Sad
for 15 days: a wonderful program: Blaze Media Pro, just google it and you'll find it
Why do you need to convert WAVs to MP3s? I'm just curious.

MP3s are naturally going to be way smaller than WAVs. MP3 is a compressed format, WAV is kind of like a raw format. No compression, no loss in audio quality. MP3, if I am correct, works by removing the sound that is too high or too low for human ears to hear. Then it plays tricks on other sounds to compress them, which can make the quality worse if it's overused.

WAVs aren't going to be very small no matter what you do, unfortunately.

But I could have sworn that TESIV used MP3s for voices and stuff. It's obviously a great compression mechanism, as you can't hear any distortion in the voices in Oblivion. They are in MP3 format, aren't they?
Quote:Originally posted by Zarf
But I could have sworn that TESIV used MP3s for voices and stuff. It's obviously a great compression mechanism, as you can't hear any distortion in the voices in Oblivion. They are in MP3 format, aren't they?

I checked, some of them are WAV's (some, maybe not all, not sure). Sound effects need to be in WAV format, this is why I need something to make WAV's smaller. What Beth did to compress the WAV's was use a BSA I believe.
I need something that keeps it in WAV format. Smile
I'm thinking this should do the trick:

Acid Music Studio Express

Acid Music Studio is a professional music authoring system, which also has a range of compression and saving utilities. I have the full version of 5, and it's great. It can save MP3s as WAVs, hopefuly better than what you were using. If it can, I'd assume Express has this ability as well, and will yield the same results. It's not a 30 day demo or anything, it's fully functional. Try this, take two, and call me in the morning. Tongue
Quote:Originally posted by TheImperialDragon
I need something that keeps it in WAV format. Smile
I know, I thought that it does.
Pages: 1 2