Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Hey
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys, what's up. My names Justin and I'm from Scituate Rhode Island. I'm 17, and I've always been into computers...probably since I was 7 or 8. I first learned how to troubleshoot hardware at 13, and then how to (somewhat) internally troubleshoot by 15.

I've always wanted to design games, although I thought I never had what it takes. I've also always wanted to mod. Modding, to me, is the first step to learning how to make games. I have never modded in my life, although I have downloaded plenty. The closest to modding I have ever been is modding stats for damage and health in RTS's and the like (from text files for the game).

I'm also the kinda guy who loves to learn about lore. I've already started indulging myself into TES lore, and I love it. Once I learn how to mod, I'm sure my mods will be strcitly connected to lore.

As I've said, I have NEVER modded in my life, and I have joined this community with promises of help. I have spoken with TheImperialDragon, and he has led me this far. I hope to make some new friends and get lots of help, I catch on real fast, and I never let anyone down. I look forward to modding for Silgrad Tower.

Thanks
Kyo
Welcome to Silgrad Tower! It's a very relaxed atmosphere here, and we're always willing to help with whatever problems you may have, so don't worry if you're skilled or not, because we treat everyone the same. Smile
Welcome to Silgrad Tower! Smile
If you have a question make a post in the relevant thread or send a PM.
:goodjob: happy to see you are taking the big plunge! From here on in your sanity is in question. :yes: Tongue

You might read up on the forums and see what kind of stuff people are doing and what you feel you might enjoy trying.

Some stuff you can do with just the CS I understand. Other stuff requires software. There are some programs that you can get free - others you have to buy.

Keep it simple at the beginning, starter quests are useful and look for ways to add a bit extra as you go along.

all the best,
raggidman
welcome kyosnai just keep trying and learning and you will get better anytime soon
thanks guys
It's gonna be great
Quote:Originally posted by Kyosnai
Hey guys, what's up. My names Justin and I'm from Scituate Rhode Island. I'm 17, and I've always been into computers...probably since I was 7 or 8. I first learned how to troubleshoot hardware at 13, and then how to (somewhat) internally troubleshoot by 15.

I've always wanted to design games, although I thought I never had what it takes. I've also always wanted to mod. Modding, to me, is the first step to learning how to make games. I have never modded in my life, although I have downloaded plenty. The closest to modding I have ever been is modding stats for damage and health in RTS's and the like (from text files for the game).

I'm also the kinda guy who loves to learn about lore. I've already started indulging myself into TES lore, and I love it. Once I learn how to mod, I'm sure my mods will be strcitly connected to lore.

As I've said, I have NEVER modded in my life, and I have joined this community with promises of help. I have spoken with TheImperialDragon, and he has led me this far. I hope to make some new friends and get lots of help, I catch on real fast, and I never let anyone down. I look forward to modding for Silgrad Tower.

Thanks
Kyo

Glad to have you aboard. =)

I can't really add on to what everyone else has already said, so I guess all I can say is...

Welcome to Silgrad Tower!

So if you have any questions, go ahead and ask away. Smile What I like about publicly posting is that you get many answers - many different ways about how you can go about something - and even the most experienced modder can learn something new. Big Grin
i bienvenido !
welcome from guarchief :guar:

i reccomend the faq section if you wanna learn about the cs especially.
How's it going? How far have you gotten?

If you've got questions, then it is best to post them, that way we can answer them. Smile
Hey Kyosnai, yeah I'm pretty new here too. In my opinion Silgrad Tower is definitely the best site I've seen for a complete construstion of Tamriel and the other lands. We all have skills when it comes to modding. Yeah I'm no good at modeling either but I have many other things I can contribute. Even just giving ideas, feedback and stuff can be a great help.
Pages: 1 2