Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Possible NPC Animations?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hey I'm new so forgive me if this has been asked before, but is there a possibility of NPC animations being made such as dancing, laying down, laying down while reading, sitting on the ground while reading or eating, ect. You know stuff like that.
Perhaps it would be wise to see if Shivering Isles is going to add any of those first. =)
Yeah you should, but they problably won't add new animations to the game. Also i have heard of this, maybe it was on this forums or the official ones. But you can add new ones but theres alot of messing around and its very difficult to do. it may not even work.
It's possible to a degree, I think. I remember seeing a video where a guy had created a calistenics animation (NPC hops up and claps hands) which was enabled by casting a spell on them. If someone joins us who is capable of pulling something like that off I'd be the first to show them my wishlist Big Grin ...would be so cool to see NPCs dive into water ? la Lara Croft... Big Grin
I think a few people are just starting to figure out the animations and such. One guy over on the elder scrolls forums has a dragon with a (crude) walking animation. Unfortunately he is in financial trouble, but other people are also starting to finesse the art of animating oblivion. Hopefully this signals the start of things we never dreamed of

Climbing anybody? Superman flight? Entirely new and un-dreampt of creatures? Crawling? Mining? (my current obsession) Endless possibilities I say. I'd especially like some form of crawl, or at least a physically correct crouch (by which i mean physics, cause if u've noticed, crouching doesn't make your collision box any smaller) Diving would be awesome though. I'd actually say you could just use the animation for a roll dodge forward, but cut it apart so that you just have the forward dive without the roll.

Anyone know why the guy does a BACKFLIP when you dodge back? Ever tried doing a backflip? on solid ground? with daedric armor on? in combat? i thought not
Yeah climbing would be awesome. Expecially for wood elves in Valenwood. As I know it can be done. But I know also of how hard it can be. Especially when you're trying to make the animation a schedule based act or function the pc can use.
The real problem with climbing that i see actually has nothing to do with animation. Because nothing even remotely similar to climbing was integrated into Oblivion, there may be problems... like huge problems. Quests and such would be torn apart, because you don't have to accomplish x to get to y. Just climb over whatever it is you need to. For example, in the realms of oblivion, there are gates you need to open to progress to the big tower (usually called hurricane gate, storm gate, ect) If you can climb over them, then oblivion has basically been raped. Same thing probably with other quests. I must say it would be cool though (gotta give it that)
Well what I think would be good for climbing is maybe you could only climb ladders (not the door kind) and specific structures.
I would love to see new animations, tell you what i will check up on adding in new animations and then hopefully one of the guys here can make one to be implemented. It would be really nice to see some new animations in the game.
Pages: 1 2 3 4