Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Fast Travel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Will our landmass/map allow us to instantly fast travel between towns, like in Oblivion? Because many people disliked the feature, and claimed it took hours away from the playing time. I understand we'll have the likes of Silt Striders and Mages Guild portals etc., which would be pointless if you could fast travel for free anyway.
i think fast travel should be something left up to the player to choose if they want or not, just like in regular oblivion... if they want to disable fast travel for realism's sake then they can turn on one of the many fast travel disabling mods that are out there (they should all be compatable with TES4: Vvardenfell), and maybe we can even include one with our mod as part of a recommended additions pack or something. if they want to keep the cheesy (cheating, in my opinion) vanilla fast travel system though, who are we to deny them?
i think people who disliked it were stupid (i dont get much blunter then that) since they didnt have to use it if they didnt want too.

personaly i think that fast travel should be incuded, because there are many people who used it. if it is included the folks who didnt like it can no use it, but if its taken out the peeps who liked it will be left without it (and likly unhappy).

also, traditional transportation wont become obsolete because you can only travel where youve been.
You both have good points, and I can see what you mean. I like the idea of it being turned on or off too. In all fairness, I don't really care, I just thought I'd bring it up. Wink
this is what had been decided long ago...

there will be fast travel... however, not the same...

teleporting will be the only instantaneous travel...
stilt strider and boat will have either some cutscene or live thing (like that realistic/scenic traveling mod thing) but won't be too long, but just to show realism and be cool...
and of course you can do it on foot or riding a guar...

now... its a frontier Vvardenfell.... and so i don't want it to seem like its a very easily accessible land, but also don't want to kill fast travel... so thats how it will probably be, fast travel, slower fast travel, and regular traveling...
the map-based fast travel that comes with oblivion is a standard game feature that i think should be up to players to choose whether or not they want to use it, not use it, or edit it / disable it with a separate tweak mod. i don't think we should take that choice away from them.
I don't feel a map-based travel system is good for Vvardenfell
we don't have to make a Vvardenfell version of the teleporting map, and also, it makes much more sense for the long settled Cyrodiil to be traveled that way than the frontier Vvardenfell...
Maybe instead of having an add on that takes away fast travel, have one that adds it? So the main esp/esm doesn't have it, but an add on that comes with it that does.
sounds good to me
but i'd rather the default be as is
if later theres a demand for map-travel then we can put it in right?
Sounds good Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3