Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Guars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
as you guys may know, Martigen's Monster Mod for Oblivion has guar...
if we ask nicely we could have guar and not only that but retex them to make variations!

just think... we can have all different species of guar... maybe even a small quest to get a ranch to breed guar and certain ones will sell to certain people and some will fetch a higher price!

so like...
Deshaan Guar
- nicknamed 'tigers' by Tiber Septim, having heard of tigers in his childhood storybook. They are orangish but have black stripes.
Morash Guar
- a forest breed of Guar adapted to the mushroom forested lands of the Telvanni, eastern Morrowind, and S.E. Vvardenfell, smaller and faster, slightly mottled appearance. They are not easily tamed.
White Guar
- there is one in the Ahemmusa camp, an albino. maybe there are a few others out in the world. They are held in high regard by the Ashlanders who see them as good omens.
Ashland Guar
- A type of guar that has grey coloration and darker spots for camoflauge... normally wild and only somewhat domesticated by Ashlanders. They are wild but hardy and so are bred with normal guar to strengthen the breed, but rarely used for anything else
Warriors Guar
A trusty guar, used as a mount for warriors, has a slightly reddish appearance and is faster and slightly bigger than most. Dunmeri tatoos and good-luck inscripions are painted onto its hide, and a chitin plate is strapped to its head.

and of course... there are rideable and pack versions of every guard, however, the warriors kind will most likely only be used as mounts and mostly by Redoran, the Morash kind will be a rare mount, and small so will be greatly slowed down by a rider, Ashland types are hard to find as tame but are very hardy, and white guar... don't ride a holy animal!

Confusedhrug: good idea? I think so....
Me too.The more variation the better I suppose.
I think there is a guar done for the lore expansion mod, was also made rideable. We could ask for permission, and then we could reskin and if necessary change the mesh around a bit?
Retextures are fine if you want to show different species of Guars, but I think that players would more easily recognize different Guars if they had some equipment on them.

Now that I think of, Warrior one should (for example) have different equipment.... right?
There is at least one guar in the Living Cyrodiil mod that adds merchants. I kinda doubt the author of that mod made the guar, but I could be wrong. We could track down it's origin and use it, but I don't think we should. It's too dark, too small, and doesn't have a guarish face. I think they forgot the lips or something. X-D

EDIT: Arbiter, where did you get your avatar? And what is it a play off of?
Quote:Originally posted by Arbiter
Retextures are fine if you want to show different species of Guars, but I think that players would more easily recognize different Guars if they had some equipment on them.

Now that I think of, Warrior one should (for example) have different equipment.... right?

Maybe, but not if their wild (as in don't have an owner). Maybe the ones that have an owner should have equipment Wink I think this whole Guar thing is good, variety can only do good :goodjob:
TheImperialDragon secured permission and brought the guar (and several other creatures) into the Silgrad Tower mod. AFAIK there's three varieites of them, normal striped and white. I don't know if they've been applied much yet, but hopefully we can plant a few of them near our cities in time for the next public release.
Quote:as you guys may know, Martigen's Monster Mod for Oblivion has guar...

It's oringinally from LCE.

And really there should only be the oringinal types of Guars.

Guars.

Wild Guars.

Pack Guars.

White Guar(s).
ok.... but I know for a fact that there were Rotumbo guar, another secies, and striped Guar of the Deshaan... whether you like it or not its been stated on Bethesda stuff

so can we get a willing retureer to retex and all that?
Quote:Originally posted by Zarf
EDIT: Arbiter, where did you get your avatar? And what is it a play off of?

It's just resized screen I found on the net.... WoW forum I think. It's supposed to make fun W40k's Emperor of Mankind. Big Grin

Hope to find texturer some.
Pages: 1 2