Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Correlate?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I know this will probably be 'off-topic' and someone will get mad for the irrelevance of it, but oh well.

I've recently started working on a mod that would bring Morrowind, Tribunal and Bloodmoon, among several other mods, onto the Oblivion engine. Right now I'm mostly just working on the landmasses and thinking of ways to avoid copyright issues.
Anyway I though there might be some way we could correlate as both of ours mods are somewhat relevant to each other.

And if you say no then I'm hoping it might be possible for me to use some of the models you make, which would free me from at least a little time to work on my other mods.
we work together? you work for us? we work you you?

Big Grin

I dunno man... a bunch of Morrowind mods all around the same place is kinda... odd
I mean I am TES4 Vvardenfell leader, look to skyrim for Bloodmoon's solstheim...

no one is doing Mournhold yet since we haven't gotten to that part of the landmass, if we ever do

I am sure others will chime in and help you out more...
in my perspective, I'd like to have more help come to my mod then devote time to another mod... especially one that is sooo similar...
Well I would offer whatever I can to help you if I would be given permission to use some of the resources from you're game. I haven't started on Mournhold yet either, but this weekend I would at least try and get the landmass set up. I mean, if I can just contribute without needing to show a bunch of previous work like some of the other places.
I'm not that good with making textures or models and they take me a really long time only for me to then find out that I need to fix like all of it, so it would help me a lot just to be able to use some of the models if you're making new ones instead of using older ones.

When are you planning on releasing this?
Ahh how were you planning to bring all of morrowind to oblivion? We've got a giant team here, and we aren't even thinking of setting a final release date. The old mod, for TES3, had something like 1000 NPCs, 500 interors, 32 quests, and it's STILL being worked on after years.

All i want to know is, what could you bring to our mod by "correlating", and why don't you just join us so that you may devote your talants to a possible endevour?

Sorry if i seem a cynic, but i've seen ten thousand "Total Conversions": Morrowind mods, LOTR mods, Scifi mods, and everything else you can name. Guess what? They all failed. Every one except this one. Just gets laughable on TESsource, you know? So i hope i don't scare you away from joining the team, i'm just being a bit of a realist
(and don't listen to me as i'm not any sort of leader in this mod, just a dungeon-maker who likes forcing his opinions on other people)

Also, i'd say that you should join the team. You've got some ambition, and that's all you really need here. You don't need a resume, or a ton of previous work, just start up here and claim something! I'd say it'd be a much more realistic goal to make one interior than 1000. A step at a time i say. And if you join, it's one more person taking steps.

Apart we are as nothing, together we can mod a new game
this started with Silgrad Tower...
then i cam ealong and wanted to make Vvardenfell...
then there was Danath in and Galrina... and they wanted Skyrim
and then Swedishfish and he wanted Black Marsh
and more came

and we are one of the few remaining super-mod communities out there fore TES4... most just die away

but don't be discouraged, if you are determined to be independent, kudos to you, takes time, devotion, and guts
Quote:Originally posted by KuKulzA
this started with Silgrad Tower...
then I cam ealong and wanted to make Vvardenfell...
then there was Danath in and Galrina... and they wanted Skyrim
and then Swedishfish and he wanted Black Marsh
and more came

and we are one of the few remaining super-mod communities out there fore TES4... most just die away

but don't be discouraged, if you are determined to be independent, kudos to you, takes time, devotion, and guts
Yes, we are like a big modding corporation... just sucking in every other smaller mod that expands the lands of Nirn!

JOIN US OR... :chaos:

...DO NOT JOIN US... whatever. Big Grin
Well as I said I would join the team if I could use some of the resource, which would speed my process up significantly.
Anyway I just started my mod and I'm going to start working on gathering a team together soon, as I just actually started a few weeks ago.
And I am aware of all of the failed conversions, and I plan on getting a team together soon, but I need to be able to say I have at least something done otherwise it won't appear too appealing.
And I don't want to devote myself to this mod because I have my own views on what I'm planning on making. And you seem to be a little bit of an elitist, Seniosh.
don't mind him... Seniosh already said not to listen to him if he starts sounding that way :lol:

don't worry man, but seems like you don't wanna join, and we have no reason at all to join you, or to let you use our resources other than that we're nice people... so you tell me... from my point of view...

why should we help you?

i don't hate ya or anything, I have nothing against you, but you need to be more convincing than "i want to make a mod of what you guys make but i have my own views so please share your resources" right? Wink

think about it and come back more persuasive?

you seem confident you will not help us, and that we help you and you will have your own group, so we really can't help you there, you seem to have already picked your path, no need for us Confusedhrug:
we love to give, but we need help too, too many people want to play mods, or use their resources, and never help those mods..
Elitist? ME? WHAT?! :lmao:
heh that may be true. I guess it's just a mindset that comes from being a bit of a cynic. Or at least it appears to be. Lets not get into psychology now, but i'll say that the difference lies in the fact that i don't think i'm better, i just see a lot of people who are worse. :eek:

You probably aren't one of the people who is worse, you just want to carve your own path. Admirable as i said, but the realist in me points out the probability.
Ahh well. I may as well be a senile old man for how i rant! as i said, please ignore me.

It would just be much preferable if you joined our mod, instead of trying to compete with it (which is inevitably what happens when there are two mods doing the same thing)

And now i think i shall take my leave, as i was never very good at resolving conflicts, as most people don't have my particular brand of humor (heck even my friends don't know what i'm saying half the time)

If you decide to join us, i think we have gained an asset. If you go your separate way, i do wish to offer a sincere wish for your success. There's always the next OOO to look for.
I said I would help if I was allowed to use the resources. I guess it was phrased poorly. What I meant is I will help you, but I don't want to devote all of my time to this and ignore my mod. Rather I want to help with this, given I'm allowed to use things from it when I get to working on things other than the landscapes in my mod.
Pages: 1 2 3