Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Low-quality crates?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been ferreting through the Oblivion BSAs for the last few hours, trying to track down a crate that doesn't look like it's fresh out of Ikea. So far no luck, so I'm assuming one doesn't exist. Is there any chance a nice texturer could beat up a box a bit for me? Doesn't need a new mesh or anything, just a retexture would probably suit quite well.
Did you try some of the dungeon crates? Duncrate01-03 sound like exactly what you need. I'm pretty sure the texture files should be in C:\Program Files\Bethesda\Oblivion\Data\BSAs (or where ever you put all of your extracted BSA files)\Textures\Dungeons\misc\duncrate01.dds

That should be it. There's also 2 other textures, which are duncrate02.dds and duncrate03.dds they should be in basically the same place

Hope it's what you need
[edit]
I attatched a picture of the texture, it only shows one side, but you get the point
Anything in Oblivion that has to do with dungeons should only be used in dungeon-like settings because they made the textures for them with the intent of them always being in very very dark light. In daylight the textures on those containers and other assets look shoddy and stark.
Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
Anything in Oblivion that has to do with dungeons should only be used in dungeon-like settings because they made the textures for them with the intent of them always being in very very dark light. In daylight the textures on those containers and other assets look shoddy and stark.

Except when used in Swamps, or the exteriors to dungeons Wink
The crates are to be used in my Ebbedin claim, which calls for a bunch of old crates, barrels and chests. The chests and barrels I have, but no crates, unfortunately.

So should I use the dungeon crates or not?
I'd say it's always worth giving them a try just to see how it looks. If it does indeed look horrific, because of the expectancy for dungeon lighting, then i'm sure someone could use the texture, but change one of the weird values that controls that stuff (normal mapping? alpha values? don't ask me) or they could just make a new texture, but i'd say try it first, so that nobody has to do more work than they need to.