Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Animation -> TESIV skeleton
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there. Is it possible to apply an external animation file (.bip) to the Oblivion's skeleton?
Has anyone tried that yet? Smile
Animation's still in it's very early stages for oblivion... I can't animate things myself, but i will say that if it IS possible, i doubt all of the necessary plugins are out yet (you'd have to import the .bip, and then export it to oblivion as whatever the oblivion file is). As i said, people are just figuring out all of the nuances of animating. Prehaps someone else knows more than i do though.
Well I've tried to export the bip animation (lol yeah that's noobish Tongue ) and it crashed my 3dsmax. But I've tried to do things as are written in the niftools tutorial for custom animations and it also crashes my 3dsmax. Hmmm...
you could always just create a biped with the same deminsions as the _male skeleton and import your .bip onto that do all the retargeting for size.

you can then export that with the civ4 exporter and do the steps required to get it to work in Oblivion (not hard)

the only things missing would be the controllers for
quiver
weapon
sideweapon
backweapon
torch

99% of the animations dont animate these bones anyway so it would not be that important.

if you absolutely needed them you could do the above except exporting with the civ4 to kf, you would export the animation only to a .fbx then import that onto an imported _male skeleton and animate those few bones then export that to .kf.