Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Road to Silgrad Tower dialogue extras
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just a quick note to say I've started work on the above project, which was started after I gave some feedback to Razorwing about his draft Player's Guide.
Its main objective is to tweak and expand the NPCs found upon the Maria Daria and to integrate the attack on Gnaar Mok into the rumours and gossip found within Vvardenfell. I think that such an attack would have implications.
The Maria Daria, its NPCs and the raid on Maria Daria were all created by Razorwing, so I'm using his fine work as a base to add extra dialogue, journal entries etc. so I'd like to acknowledge the great work he's done on this and other ST projects.
So far, I've given more dialogue to Jaine Lefeu, Leufaire Trenai and Yvaine Herraud, and added several new topics including "Tragak" and "the raid on Gnaar Mok".
Also added some more journal entiries (under sltw_rw_mariadaria_crew) as you learn more about the pirates and tweaked a few existing ones.
A few questions;
1. Jainie Lefeu says sh'e from Blacklight, but looking through the Gallery and Lyrics for background info on such, I couldn't find any. Is BlackLight a WIP? I found one mention of it in the forum, after a search. Perhaps she could be from Reich Parkeep, that way she could give the player some background info about the town, and be mentioned by people there, or even give a mini-quest to the player e.g. pass a message to a guard she was having an affair with, contact her brother to say she's alright etc.
2. After hearing Eniuf's speech on the Gnaar Mok coast ("...not bearing grudges...") I can't initiate any dialogue with him, until the Maria Daria reaches Latrys Island. Is this meant to happen? It's cool if it is, because I can have the crew say something like, "Leave Eniuf alone, he never wants to talk to anyone after a fight."
3. Are there any in-game guides to Silgrad Tower. I haven't checked the CS for such, but if there are, perhaps the player could find one/buy one/be given one onboard.
4. It look like Patrique Erarde has a lot of background done for him. Is he off-limits in terms of extra dialogue, quests etc.
I've only just really started on the work, having to look after the children (who as I type are trashing the kitchen!) during the summer holidays, and sharing a computer with my partner who is doing uni work, means my PC time is limited. However, I'm getting there and will try and upload a Maria Daria ESP soon. After that I'll do some work on rumours etc. for Vvardenfall.
Some final thoughts, I'm going to develop a rivalry between the capatain and his brother, and work on the reasons for the attack, Captaiin Nemouf isn't happy about such, but was "persuaded" by Eniuf, you'll have to work hard to find the reasons why.
Enough for now, Arageth.
Looks like it's shaping up very nicely Arageth, :goodjob: for doing this Smile

Please feel free to edit anything regarding my NPCs superflous dialogue and the rudimentary (non-existing is more like it) personalities as you like.

1. Blacklight is an Imperial charter town I believe, and is located on the far northern coast of Morrowind' west mainland. It doesn't exist in our plugin, but it exists in lore and so is supposed to exist in the world, meaning NPCs and other things can reference the town. But you should feel free to make Jaine out as you wish.

2. It probably is. He has a rather complicated script set up to control many of his actions, and I wouldn't advise trying to change it unless you know a lot about scripting. If you do, you can change that to better suit your wishes. You can edit the main esp to try out your changes in that case, and once you're sure it works, submit a description on how to apply the edit and the new scripts to Quentin. Eniuf and his friend does get stuck for some reason after they're teleported on board the ship; other NPCs can even walk right through them.

3. There's a "Guide to Reich Parkeep" which I co-wrote with a couple of guys last year, but I think that's about it. I was quite surprised when I first playtested Silgrad, as there was very little dialogue or background stories. There's been a wealth of information created on the old forum, but people didn't bother to include much of it in the actual mod. I guess it's the old "we'll do that later" mentality that's behind it... my personal view is that postponing something is the first step towards never doing it.

4. Patrique Erarde is essentially me, and if the player character is low-level he makes a second appearance along the main road to Silgrad, which is why he has two IDs. Might be best not to add too much dialogye to him, I think.

I like your angle with the brother, and your depth makes me blush at the callous way I regarded many of the NPCs. He has a brother because the face Elric Melnibourne did came with two hairstyles and I wanted to use both Blush If you want to use / add a different face for him that's totally fine.

I found a mod called something along the line of "500 faces" which has an incredible amount of faces and hairs which seem quite rare. The little blonde wood elf with the staff in Gnaar Mok uses a face and hair from that mod. So if you're ever looking for one, that'd be a good mod to check out.

Yeah, kids can be a handful at times. I'm glad I got my son (3?) to go to bed at 7 pm - I figure he needs the extra sleep as much as I and my gf need time for ourselves. How old are yours, if I may ask?
Thanks for the reply Razorwing and go ahead to edit stuff.
1. I'll change Jaine to coming from Parkeep and give the PC a little quest to maybe return a letter or something.
2. I also noticed that people can walk through Yvaine. I won't touch any scripts, as I find stuff liike that far too complicated!
3. I thought that may be the case. Consider Patrique out of bounds.
4. I'll have a look for 500 faces. I stick with NPC replace for my MW game, but I'll do a search for it.
5. My children are 10 and 6 (both girls), and are on school holidays at the moment (6 weeks!) - so at them moment I'm trying to balance time with them, my time etc. Though having said that they're getting more independent (sometimes worryingly so!) by the day.
All the best.
:goodjob:

4. That was just in case you wanted to change the face(s) of the NPCs to better suit the stories you're creating. I can imagine situations where that could be wanted.

Aah, that old? I imagine they wouldn't like going to bed at 7 pm Tongue But perhaps the independence of children that old weighs up the longer days when it comes to parental alone-time? Kids over here get ten weeks off during the summer, which is quite nice if I remember my childhood correctly. Plenty of time to work on the tan.
I'm making progress with this little plug-in, but I'm away visiting relatives (that time of year) for five days from tomorrow, so no updates etc. for a while. Just thought I would post so it doesn't look like I've dissappeared.
It's also bye bye to my computer for five days, which is almost as distressing as visiting some of my relatives. :bash:
Bye for now.
Quote:Originally posted by Arageth
I'm making progress with this little plug-in, but I'm away visiting relatives (that time of year) for five days from tomorrow, so no updates etc. for a while. Just thought I would post so it doesn't look like I've dissappeared.
It's also bye bye to my computer for five days, which is almost as distressing as visiting some of my relatives. :bash:
Bye for now.

You?re very kind to inform us, and I assure you you?ll never lose your claim. Once you?ve been involved in a project as long as I have though, you get used to seeing people coming and going. I wonder what happened to Fatalis, for example - he submitted a great tomb and got a website account, but that?s the last I heard of him. Anyway I hope you have a great, sunny holiday with your loved ones, and see you when you get back =)
OK, still working on this. Its mushroomed a bit, and just realised one greeting is in category 9 (having read your guidelines I'll try to move it!) - at the moment I'm tweaking Seyda Neen and working on a story about Tragak breaking Arille's nose.
Next stop is Suran where the dancer on the Maria Daria was going to work until Captain Nemouf made her a better offer (much to Jaine Lefeu's disgust)
Work is in fits and starts as children and holidays are juggled around, and we're off for another week in a few days.
Still it is coming along. albeit slowly...
A thought that occured to me regarding Silgrad Tower - Are there any NPCs from there (i.e the whole of your plug-in, not just the town) stuck on Vvardenfell. I just thought it might be cool to bump into someone in Balmora who's complaining that he can't get back to the mainland, due to the Blight. Just another way of integrating the plug-in I suppose. The PC might learn some info from such, or get involved in a little quest e.g. "I really need these artifacts to be returned to my shop..."
Anyway enough for now. I am still working!
Good to hear from you again Arageth, and it sounds like things are working out great with your wonderful addition :goodjob:

We don't have any NPCs in Balmora. Actually, before the road to silgrad tower thingie we didn't have anything going on on Vvardenfell at all. We used to have a boatman in Gnisis or some such place but I think he got deleted accidentally at some point. So feel free to make up a character to your liking who stems from our world but is in Gnaar Mok during your quest.

If you want a home for him in our world then I think it would be great if you could work him into one of the open claims we have going, swatting two flies for ST at the same time so to speak =) A cave could be made into a commercial mine, and him connected to the mine in some way, as a worker or foreman, as an example among many of how one could work that angle into the claim. But please don't feel required to go with the claim idea. Smile

On a general note I think Balmora is very popular for modders and there's a lot of plugins that take place there so the less impact on the game world the better, I think. NPCs are totally okay of course, but if you're building houses and such then that might cause compatibility problems? Just something that crossed my mind.
Yet another, I'm still working on this thread. Sorry for nothing concrete yet. However since the girls have gone back to school, I have made a lot more progress, and can see myself wrapping things up in the next couple of weeks.
I'm also trying to finish Morrowind before Oblivion comes out (Nov 24th? according to one post on the forum!) - can't believe I've never finished the main quest even, blame all those cool mods out there...
Anyway just thought I would post to say I'm still working away, one line of dialogue at a time.
All the best.
Good to hear from you again, Arageth. After one's been involved in the team as long as I have, one gets used to seeing people come and go. I'm glad you're not one of them, and I'm looking forward to seeing your project come to fruitition. Maybe for effect we can eventually mod Gnaar Mok back into the Oblivion mod and set up this adventure again, as it's sure to have a whole new dimension to it with the souls and personalities you're crafting. :goodjob:
Pages: 1 2