Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: More immersive dungeon exteriors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well in Oblivion's Cyrodiil i think cities are nice places. But dungeon exteriors are just uninspired. They should give a hint and feel of the dungeon. Forts have something but i think theyre all quite the same. And theres just too much moments like you see dungeon is closing in on map and next thing you see is just a rock with a door.I think its quite bland. Where are the cool dungeon exterios with enemies that you have to fight to even to get dungeon (i know theres often like 2 imps but and so on guarding but no specific area around dungeon). Where are mansions with graveyard around them (like in Daggerfall)? Towers? "Castles"? I mean i think you could do nice big tower with retexturing some existing and resizing. And build something small around it. Ideas like this.

My point is just that i think there should exist dungeons, that you can describe to someone like "I was wandering in x forest and found this looking dungeon, that was tough!" and another says "yea i seen that too!" ... and not "theres like 20 dungeon entrances looking like that wonder which one you mean" Big Grin

Maybe this is pointless post, but i think better outdoor areas gives dungeon more feel and their difficulty could vary more too. I'd like to think dungeon area like more like "special exterior area with dungeon on it" than "dungeon with 2 guards on the exterior entrance" :eek:
I agree, sounds good. Maybe you should start some work on it.
Howdy

Totally agree with your "uninspired" feeling about the exteriors of the "dungeons"

The same holds true in MW

I think the term "Dungeon" is used loosely in RPG's We tend to associate a dungeon with any cave.

A dungeon is a Castles Keep, it's supposed to be the final defensive position of a Castle.

Finding a door jutting out of a collection of rocks out in the wilderness, we call it a "dungeon" but its really just a cave, a mine, a dugout etc etc

I would agree some of those could use fixing up to give them an active "somebody is here or been here look" or "their must be something good in their, becuase it is guarded"

Enjoy
Bob
Once I get the Dark Oasis [Kedal] finished, you won't have time, nor will you ever want to see another dungeon >.<
Quote:Originally posted by Steinaech
Once I get the Dark Oasis [Kedal] finished, you won't have time, nor will you ever want to see another dungeon >.<

:yes:

Big Grin
Enjoy
Bob
Quote:Originally posted by Steinaech

Hehe, yeah, i didnt actually mean current Cyrodiil needed to be fixed, i kinda hate modding original area but I hope upcoming land mods will have some creativity in this dungeon exterior thing. We'll see.. Tongue I could claim something like that if i used CS better. Ive tried it and its ok just should get to know item lists better so its not randomizing and testing which brings which item. For some reason CS seem to crash me often.
Wonder why it crashes on you.
me too.. maybe its my memory, i have 1Gig. If it needs 2G?
The TES4 CS is a wee bit more unstable than the TES3 one ever was. If you mod for TES4, you gotta expect a lot of crashing, headaches, and nightmares. Wink :eek:
Quote:Originally posted by gravedigger84
me too.. maybe its my memory, I have 1Gig. If it needs 2G?
I have 1 gig, and it almost never crashes for me.
Pages: 1 2