Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: SpeedTreeCad
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, I've been following threads here lately and I've seen some of you have been working with speedtreecad to import new trees into the game.

I'm using version 3.1 of SpeedTreeCad and I was trying to import some.
I followed instructions here
http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/index...SpeedTree_trees
to create a billboard and that works.

The trunk gets textured too, but the problem is with leaves. Is there a naming convention to be followed for leaves? They just don't appear, athough ingame I see their shadow moving...

When creating the new tree I choose the leaves texture but I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I'm following the usual procedure.
The leaf texture you use in SpeedtreeCAD only matters for ensuring that the mapping looks right, since you assign the leaf texture Oblivion will use on the data sheet for the tree.

[Image: TreeLeafTextureInCS.jpg]

Other than that the only thing I can think of is to make sure the leaf texture is a dds, and that it doesn't use underscores or spaces. You should never use underscores in filenames unless you want the game to treat them in a special way. It might work for textures but I've never had a reason to test.

Theoretically it could also be that you mixed up the way opacity works in the alpha channel of your leaf texture. If you set the alpha channel to all black, then the leaves would look invisible.

If neither of my ideas pan out, please supply the files placed in the same folder structure as on your computer and I can check it out.
Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
The leaf texture you use in SpeedtreeCAD only matters for ensuring that the mapping looks right, since you assign the leaf texture Oblivion will use on the data sheet for the tree.

Other than that the only thing I can think of is to make sure the leaf texture is a dds, and that it doesn't use underscores or spaces. You should never use underscores in filenames unless you want the game to treat them in a special way. It might work for textures but I've never had a reason to test.

Theoretically it could also be that you mixed up the way opacity works in the alpha channel of your leaf texture. If you set the alpha channel to all black, then the leaves would look invisible.

If neither of my ideas pan out, please supply the files placed in the same folder structure as on your computer and I can check it out.

Thank you for your help. There are no spaces or underscores and the texture is a dds, same format as other leaves textures (dxt3 compression with alpha).
The alpha channel has been preserved when converting tga to dds.

This is how the tree looks in the CS (and ingame):

[Image: clipboard01.jpg]

And the tree configuration window:

[Image: clipboard02.jpg]

So I guess I will supply the files (the esp is not included since it's a worldspace esp, so >10Mb).
Besides the data folder, I've included the speedtree folder with original files.

Thanks again.

[Image: 7292_imagelink.jpg]
Your problem is that oblvion cant use fronds, i should know this as ive tried and in the end has to model them myself (statics):
The Southern Islands! New Thread.

Sorry but its not possible,
Tom
Thats true, oblivion doesn't accept fronds.
Thanks guys, I've worked on it all day and I had come to this conclusion after noticing that fronds are present in version 3.4 of SpeedTreeCad but weren't there in version 3.0.
I hadn't noticed that but then I tried to open a version 3.4 file with 3.0 and I couldn't so I checked out the differences and saw the fronds tab in version 3.4...

Does the collision added through SpeedTreeCad work in Oblivion? It doesn't seem to work.

I have full version 3.0 demo and lite version 3.4.
You can organize your folder like that for spt files :

- data
-- trees
--- MyTrees

for textures files :
- data
-- textures
--- trees

---- billboards
----- My Trees

---- branches <= you can't use subdirectory with this one.

---- leaves
----- My Trees

I've find no way to use more than one leaves textures with one spt, collision did'nt seem to work.
Quote:Originally posted by Deathless Aphrodite
Thanks guys, I've worked on it all day and I had come to this conclusion after noticing that fronds are present in version 3.4 of SpeedTreeCad but weren't there in version 3.0.
I hadn't noticed that but then I tried to open a version 3.4 file with 3.0 and I couldn't so I checked out the differences and saw the fronds tab in version 3.4...

Does the collision added through SpeedTreeCad work in Oblivion? It doesn't seem to work.

The collision ST adds is just a bubble around the base of the tree, it does this automaticly and to my knowledge works in-game.
Quote:Originally posted by Deathless Aphrodite

Where did you get the 3.0 demo? I'm desperate to make componsite maps but the lite version will not allow!

Tom
Quote:Originally posted by FLESH
The collision ST adds is just a bubble around the base of the tree, it does this automaticly and to my knowledge works in-game.

In my case there is absolutely no collision whatsoever, I will try to add it through a nif file. But I wonder why the palm non-functioning model had full collision.

EDIT: ok, looks like doing everything from scratch somehow made collision work. I tell you, modding is ruled by magic not science...
Pages: 1 2