Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Promotional Video
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

RW asked me to make the Promo Vid for ST's next public Relz, and I said yes Smile.
To see my previous OB work:

Extremely recent: Centurions Real Estate house: High Rock Castle
A bit less recent but still ver recent: Teaser vids for various Real Estate houses
Less recent but better than the other 2: Martigens Monster Mod Trailer

Now I need your help to make te ST video as good as it can possibly be!
What do you guys think about the following things:

- What features should be extra highlighted in the vid?
- What can be less highlighted in the vid
- Just name everything you mant to see in there but are not as important as the ones in the first point
- What music should I use?
- More interior or exterior
- more RP or Soluthis
- Any comments you want to give regarding the vid

Please give as many ideas as possible!! Big Grin

:cheers:
-Nerbod
Howdy

Excellent videos

I am by no means a cinematogropher

My only suggestion would be to slow down the movement, use a little more lighting

How do you do this, I do not know .

Most marketing video's I have seen for game such as this highlight the exteriors, landmasses and battle sequences, creatures
That usually seems to get people perked up

:goodjob:

Enjoy
Bob
what is the tune that plays in the background?
Quote:Originally posted by nerbod
Hi,

RW asked me to make the Promo Vid for ST's next public Relz, and I said yes Smile.
To see my previous OB work:

Extremely recent: Centurions Real Estate house: High Rock Castle
A bit less recent but still ver recent: Teaser vids for various Real Estate houses
Less recent but, is *the best damned preview for any mod like ever*, than the other 2: Martigens Monster Mod Trailer

Now I need your help to make te ST video as good as it can possibly be!
What do you guys think about the following things:

- What features should be extra highlighted in the vid?
- What can be less highlighted in the vid
- Just name everything you mant to see in there but are not as important as the ones in the first point
- What music should I use?
- More interior or exterior
- more RP or Soluthis
- Any comments you want to give regarding the vid

Please give as many ideas as possible!! Big Grin

:cheers:
-Nerbod

Fixed
I would <3 to see whatever you make 4 teh ST :yes:
Quote:Originally posted by mirrored
what is the tune that plays in the background?

In which vid?

MMM - clubbed to death - Rob Dougan
Real Estate - Hero(Asian movie) Theme Song
Highrock: Memoirs of a Geisha theme
Nice work! Quick question though: What do you use to record stuff, and do you set Oblivion's resolution to 640x480 before recording? That resolution provides for the highest framerate, and since the video is about that size as a final product, it would make sense.

I realize that videos are supposed to record at 24.4 FPS, but when there's a jump, you can tell even at that frame rate.

Oh, and I use the free version of FRAPS, bu that leaves a watermark and only works for 30 seconds. :/

I should just buy it someday...
not bad Smile, what program do you use to edit your recorded stuff?
Zarf: My problems are bigger than having a jump in a 24.4 framerate, I have to fight not te get it below 4 when recording. So I don't think I have to mention what resolution I play with.

I use FRAPS, full version, I got it from somewhere only the most dareful go, I think you can fill it in from there.

Elowine: I use Adobe After Effects for the flashy titles, Adobe Premiere Pro for the rest.

I am thankful for the responses but I am griefed about the turnout for my questionning...
Awesome videos... I only hope ST has the material to make it that awesome...

Thinking to what assets ST has currently, i'd suggest showing morrowindish things... things like soluthis, the velothi tombs, any morrowindish creatures we have. Unfortunately, this isn't a battle mod like MMM, so it's harder to highlight what we have in a few brief sequences. Much of what we have is potential, but shots of the new city, (RP and Soluthis) will give people an idea of the scope of what we're doing.
It didn't pan out, due to nerbod having difficulties getting our pre-release to run on his system. No hard feelings, it's the thought that counts Smile