Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Request for Opening/closing sound
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If anyone's interested, i need sounds for opening/closing glass containers. They are literally large crystals of glass, and contain raw glass inside. The sounds for opening silver and gold don't work well, so be creative
Here you go, 5 different sounds, I hope this is what you want?
Download here: Download Link
Hmm it sounds a bit squeaky, more like opening a glass jar. What i'm putting this sound on is literally giant crystals of glass, which are mined.

That's why the sound will be hard to get right, because you can't open a crystal in real life.

Maybe make them a bit less squeaky and a bit more crystalline? Sorry if i'm not very specific, but i'm not sure myself exactly how it should sound.

Also, i think they should be 1 sec long, cause that's how long rock opening sounds are. #2 and #3 are pretty good cause they're longer than the rest, just make less squeak
Well here is another try, I aso added a little "ding"
Download here

A screenshot from that crystal thingy would aslo be handy Wink
Quote:Originally posted by Elowine
Just look here
Quote:Originally posted by WhiteWizard
Quote:Originally posted by Elowine
Just look here
A thanks
Ahh, that's actually a bit outdated, as Razorwing later made two more models that are just plain crystals. Here is the link to the download if you want it http://files.filefront.com/GlassGemrocks...einfo.html

And here are some screenshots of the crystals. Hope it helps. Sorry for being very picky here, but if someone's mining the rocks the opening and closing sounds are going to be playing every time they open it - if it's just not the right sound it'll sound weird, repeatedly.
I think it should either be a hollow sound of "searching with the hands in the mud" or a metallic sound "hitting with a tool on a glass"
Yeah, the hitting tools on glass is something like what i want. Not muddy though, we're in a mine. So it shouldn't really be metallic since it isn't glass... That means the sound of metal on crystals, and i have no idea what that sounds like, except that if i like something i'll use it Big Grin
Quote:Originally posted by Seniosh
Yeah, the hitting tools on glass is something like what I want. Not muddy though, we're in a mine. So it shouldn't really be metallic since it isn't glass... That means the sound of metal on crystals, and I have no idea what that sounds like, except that if I like something i'll use it Big Grin
I don't know how that supposed to sound either Tongue But I made anther one Smile
It a metal on metal sound with echo and some chorus, I think this one is close to what we want it to be.
Download here
Pages: 1 2