Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: [Request] Mining Carts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
As anyone who played morrowind is well aware, Oblivion is sadly lacking in mine carts and track. Although common sights in any one of the functioning kwama egg mines, or other such mine, there is no equivalent in oblivion. Basically, i would like someone to make a minecart for oblivion. I am making a functioning mine, and intend to do it properly. If anyone wants to create this it would be greatly appreciated.
Opening a new thread is a good idea. I should have mentioned though that I added them to the open jobs list a while back, at #4.
[blockquote]Download reference files

Morrowind mines had something Oblivion mines lack; mine rails. The rails are made up of five pieces plus a cart model, giving the impression that ore is hauled around the mine. They were static ambience models in the old game, and while it would be amazing to have carts move along the rail, all that's needed is to bring back the ambience of having rails in our mines.

The reference files contains the nifs and textures from TES3. We have suitable alternatives for all the textures in Data\textures\ST\ you can use if you want (they're named similar to the old textures), though if you want to use different textures that shouldn't stop you.[/blockquote]
Ahh i didn't see it in the open jobs for modellers, you probably updated since the last time i'd looked at page 1. I didn't think it would be picked up there cause it's 8 pages long now. Hopefully someone'll be interested in this though. It would be a nice addition.
Hows the progress on the mining stuff

We could really use the carts and rails as they will play an important role in some of the quests we are developing for the mines

Thanks Much

Enjoy
Bob
A few shots in the shack:

[Image: th_MineCart3.jpg][Image: th_MineCart2.jpg][Image: th_MineCart1.jpg]

Here's the 7Z. Please let me know what you think, but it's beddy-bye right now. Smile

Later,
Steve
Looking good. Will be A-class with a little retexturing :d
Nice work SACarrow :goodjob:
Nice Work :goodjob:

I absolutley wanna use these for Dumac City, imagine a whole mine that can be explored, hmmmmm Smile
Excellent! Good job on the cart. Are we going to have the treat of mine rails to go along with this? That'd be nifty. Well i must download these, and clutter me some mines.

Oh yeah, and if you are planning to make mine rails, don't make them too high, i'm dealing with the small caveset *cries over loss of moldcave*
How about you make the rails go up halfway above the cart's wheels, then give the wheels havok or something so they roll around on it? Would that work? Then you could push them around on the rails and they won't come off. and when it is going fast and reaches a broken rail, you push it fast, it goes flying off and kills whatever is at the end. Mwahahaha. We could have an assasination quest like that similar to that DB quest with Baenlin where you need to make it look like an accident with a runaway mine cart.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5