Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: The Road to Silgrad Tower
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
[youtube=center]http://www.youtube.com/v/fAoHgfEwAXk[/youtube]

It's still being developed, mainly to make the player's entrance to our world a bit more interesting. To get to Silgrad Tower you'd make your way to the cell 30,34 or in other words near the mountains north of Lord Rugdumph's Estate. It'd take about three minutes to get there, starting our from Cheydinhal's east gate. Ideally there'll be a cave system of undetermined length inbetween the entrance and exit but I doubt I'll have time for that before release. Going through the cave you enter in the cell -30, -18 in the SilgradTowerLand worldspace.
Looking good Smile

2 things I noticed, the metal door and the wooden door had the same sound, and on the last roadsign you checked, even tho there was a fire there was no light coming out of the fire to lighten the signs!
Quote:Originally posted by ev1
Looking good Smile

2 things I noticed, the metal door and the wooden door had the same sound, and on the last roadsign you checked, even tho there was a fire there was no light coming out of the fire to lighten the signs!

I know, I think I was too optimistic in the parallax's effect in making the letters on the roadsigns easy to read. =) They usually are, but it depends a whole lot on the lighting situation around them. If there's no light bouncing on them, it's quite hard to make them out. I know I said you didn't have to, but could I trouble you to lighten the letters a bit?

I think the light is there though, it's just that you don't see the orb of light in daylight. Perhaps I just placed the light wrongly?

I'm not sure which doors you're referring to. The only real door in the vid is Bethesda's?
The 2 doors in that farm thing. Not real doors, just.. fence thingies O_O

Yea I'll send u a bit brighter versions.
maybe you should put those little fences along the path- the ones that were in morrowind, just to help guide the player, and tease him with morrowindish stuff.

Maybe it's just the video, but the path looked a little undefined in some places.

How long would the cave system be? And would you want it with large rooms, enemies, branches off the central path? If you really want caves, i'd say either they can't be too long, or there should be a way to skip through them (after you've gone through once) Long caves can get boring quickly, especially if they are used as transportation.
I agree, if we add some Morrowind-ish clutter along the way, that would look more realistic and serve as a better transition in that it's more realistic. One does not just enter and leave a cave and be in a completely different looking place. That's like saying the moment you cross the state border into Texas you'd immediately find desert starting right on the line. Just make a trail with Mrrowind Cobblestone, put some broken redoran or whatever walls around, and even other stuff too. You could also add a map marker to find the area easier.
I appreciate your ideas IATE and Seniosh but time is of the essence since I have a lot of things to do before release.
Looking very good! I agree with IATE and Seniosh, but as you said that can be added later.
Something totally off-topic (sorry): which software are you using to record Oblivion? For I've searched all free downloadsites for some software, but they all can't record any longer than 30 minutes. :|
Do you know if there's any good, free, videosoftware available?

Bye,

Sanpicture
Yeah, release is in what, 9 days? the 16th i think. The small stuff can wait, but if you have just 5 minutes to spare, i do think something as simple as pathspears would be a lovely touch.

Gonna be such a cool release!
A suggestion that might be feasible in view of everything you have to do for both ST & RL, Razorwing:

A sign that is put with the town directional signs that says something like, "To Northwest Morrowind", maybe in Dunmeri script. I was thinking that we want to punch up or emphasize that this is in a way a return to TES3. Admittedly a true return will occur with the first alpha of VV, but this is kinda sorta close. Smile

Later,
Steve
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5