Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: How's the Weather?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Well, the world's weather has been all off-balance this winter. Here in New England, it's been spiking all over the place. First, we got no snow at all in the beginning of winter and it was just like spring. Then, we got off and on snowfall that stuck, which left us with a tiny bit of snow. Then, we were getting combinations of snow and freezing rain, which turned everything into ice. It was calm for a few weeks after that, but then we got a huge, "mini"-blizzard that made it snow like crazy with high winds for about an hour and a half, and just when March is coming around and it's supposed to start getting warmer, we are getting the coldest days of the season, coupled with high winds due to sudden temperature changes.

I wonder what is going on lately. People say it is some kind of freak weather phenomenon which triggered a series of reactions that spurred this on, something about a change in wind currents. Other people say it's global warming, but I doubt that because it is unnaturally cold right now, and such a thing would not suddenly happen within one season.

How are things for you other folks? Rumor over here says it's even snowing in Texas.
2 days of snow whole winter, also little rain. Damn we had no winter, just a very cold spring Tongue
in the 70's here in SE arizona Ho Hum, cant wait for summer
lets see november no snow december a minor flury for like 5 mins january snowed a bunch a few days in the end... last week it rained in 32 degree weather what fun :eek: all of jan and feb have been a constant 10ish degress F. and now for my moto about it...

Thats Michigan Weahter For You!

One day its snowin the next its rainin
IAMTHEEMPEROR you a New Englander too eh?
yeah its been weird this winter... never seen it so weird
Right now in California it's cloudy and really freaking hot.

It's also unusually humid. In January and February we had a whole bunch of almost-monsoon rains and it got really cold and wet for a while.
For me, about an hour south of Chicago, it has been about 50 at the most on some lucky days, but usually about 20 (I'm using Fahrenheit). It hasn't been constantly snowing, but there has always been snow on the ground since December.
Hopefuly by the time late spring/summer come around the world's weather will be back in it's usual patterns.
Its that guy, whats his name....... El'Nino dammit
Exactly, ruptured wind patterns. Hopefuly it did no permanent damage. It's happened before, but it was weird this year. it usually only affects areas near California.
Pages: 1 2 3