Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Map of Silgrad Tower: Morrowind
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
After many tries and an equal numbers of failures, I'm about ready to call it quits trying to get the CreateMaps console command to work. I get it started and it starts going through Morrowind's cells, but it never gets to the Silgrad Tower cells that I'm after. Our map sorely needs updating now, as new areas have been added and a lot of exterior detailing has been done.

So I'd like to throw myself at the mercy of my more experienced comrades and outright ask if someone would be so kind as to run the CreateMaps command on the latest internal release? =)

If you could 7zip and send to me the Silgrad Tower bitmaps the game would generate, I would be in your debt. I can then work with them and stitch them together to form a new landmass map, and I'll be sure to credit you generously for bringing about the update.

*crosses fingers*
I'll see what I can get done this weekend ... or after it. Big Grin

But could you tell me what kind of problems you encountered?

Greetings

Quentin
Quote:Originally posted by Quentin Fortune
I'll see what I can get done this weekend ... or after it. Big Grin

But could you tell me what kind of problems you encountered?

Greetings

Quentin

Thanks buddy!

The last time I tried the game got stuck, showing just a black screen after the Morrowind cells had been mapped - however the framerate counter (which I have activated in the .ini I think it was) was ticking away merrily and swinging wildly up and down, so the game hadn't crashed, but it wasn't mapping the cells either. The map folder just doesn't end up containing any Silgrad Tower cells, but plenty of useless Vvardenfell maps though.

If you decide to do it, do you think it would be a good idea to merge ST + Blacklight to a special map .esp and so making maps for both mods? Because a huge map would be really cool to show to people I think, and with the wondeful collaboration in mind it would have practical applications too, like perhaps Rodan being able to reference it when mentioning claims.
So we have a mindreader amongst us ... I just thought that I could add a map for Blacklight as well. =)

And thank you for the info about your problems. It will help me to recognize when the attempt becomes futile. Big Grin

Greetings

Quentin
So we have a mindreader amongst us ... I just thought that I could add a map for Blacklight as well. =)

And thank you for the info about your problems. It will help me to recognize when the attempt becomes futile. Big Grin

Greetings

Quentin

Nice Smile Now all we need is Ben Vagara to form a Federation of Western Morrowind Districts. Would be a great Oblivion project methinks. Offers lots of variety for modders, who can fleet from mod to mod and do different things.

Oh I'm sure the problems I experienced are just localized here and caused by other things than something in the mod.
Just to let you all know - it worked. I don't have a clue, why it left out the single cell my char is in, but I got all the rest.

All that remains is sorting out our cells and making a map of Blacklight, but this might have to wait until the weekend. The last three days before my holidays will make Oblivion look like a summer camp.

Greetings

Quentin
Just to let you all know - it worked. I don't have a clue, why it left out the single cell my char is in, but I got all the rest.

All that remains is sorting out our cells and making a map of Blacklight, but this might have to wait until the weekend. The last three days before my holidays will make Oblivion look like a summer camp.

Greetings

Quentin

Great! The cell that was left out can be grabbed by making an image dump of the local map. Hmm, I'm curious, where you on Silgrad's landmass when you did the operation? Because I wasn't, I followed the advice I found and ran the operation on a new character straight from the imperial prison ship. Perhaps that could be what caused it. I'll try that the next time we need to update it.

I'd really like to do the map of Silgrad as I have to work both on it and the website at the same time to make it work the way I pictured it. Plus, my to-do-list doesn't have anything really important on it right now and I can easily spend ten hours a day on it starting on monday.
The prison ship???

The chargen scripts don't run the enable maps menu command till you get to the barrel where fargoths ring is. Could that have something to do with it?
Hi SciMuse,

that sounds like a solid explanation to me.

And I was on the Silgrad landmass (loaded an old save game), Razorwing. Oh, and I have the missing cell already. You can create maps of more than one plugin, nice feature.

You'll get the files as soon as possible.

Greetings

Quentin
[Image: __overview_st-bl.jpg]

Feels great to get rid of that old outdated and messed up one. Wish I had known about the "CreateMaps" console command back then, it would have saved me fifty hours of painstaking screen dumps and stitching together Wink But whatcha gonna do.

My deepest thanks to Quentin for generating these maps :goodjob:
Pages: 1 2 3 4