Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Manes palace
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I know this is going to sound a bit a head of ourselves, but i think some people shud come up with concepts for the manes palace. We have info on it from til
Quote:He and his tribe live here in stately and exotic palaces built from massive timbers of Valenwood oak, whose territorial borders are only a few hundred miles away. Symmetrical sugarcane gardens surround these palaces, where the Mane is often seen in day-long meditations atop his palanquin, held up by his inexhaustible cathay-raht servants. As has been said, the moon-sugar of Elsweyr is the holiest of substances to the khajiit. They speak of sugar as we might speak of the soul or the lifeforce. Therefore, humans have been traditionally forbidden to trespass on these estates

the most powerful experience in oblivion for me was seeing the IC and palace. And when people see this mod they shud see the palace and go "WOW".
But i still think people shud cum up with ideas, So an outward idea and then maybe a floor plan. I will be posting some ideas myself soon enough
Somehow I always pictured the "symmetrical sugarcane gardens" in a hexagonal layout.
If I were sure what that means I'd probably agree... Big Grin
kind of like this. the white would be the sugar cane, and the black would be paths/ fences. it would give an unusual feel to the province if farm paddocks were hexagonal too.
hmm... large palaces of timbers, great sugarcane gardens in symmetrical designs...
if I have time I;d like to make some concepts if that's alright with you guys! :yes:
Sounds good to us!
I think the hexagonal layout would be great. I think that you can make one big hexagon in the center (Mane's palce) and a bunch of smaller ones surrounding the big hexagon. In the center could be the estate with sugar cane fields surrounding the estate. Though, I don't think that there couldn't be a lot of estates in the city, plus stores and hotels wouldn't fit into the concept. Unless you place the shops at the rin of the city walls, followed by a road, then the hexagonal sugarcane fields.
I'd say the Manes Estate is on the outskirts of Torval.
Hexagonal is very interesting - like a honeycomb - but for sugar Big Grin

Remember that it says the mane and his followers live in several exotic palaces - so that means something complicated ...

I have always felt that the mane started out as something primitive, and now it seems to have grown into - well, something else ... so maybe we could try a melding of the primitive and the sophisticated.

The idea of the braids felt analagous to moon beams to me - and I wonder of those hexagons could be woven into 'braids too - maybe the paths or roads (representing moonbeams) could have hexagons (being the grains of sugar) woven into them like jewels = a mix of the chaotic and the orderly? Hope this gives a powerful image to you all...

You see I always felt that cats know in their hearts that they are utterly superior until they meet a more dangerous cat, which sort of ruins the image = their order is them first, and yet they are very chaotic when unsettled.

Xiri has made the most exotic palace interiors that we have btw
Pages: 1 2 3