Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: just a thought... India
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Should we possibly consider Indian influences or Elsweyr?
I'm not sure if that has been discussed, but the more I look at it, the more an Indo-Egyptian mix as a template for Khajiiti cultures seems appealing
Note: I am not a loremaster on Elsweyr, my expertise, if you can call it that, is in Black Marsh, Dreugh, and Morrowind... but I hope you read my stuff anyhow Big Grin

if you look at Elsweyr and India, they are similar in shape, but much more than that....
in old India, as in Elsweyr, every breed and clan had a role, a sort of caste almost, but in the case of forms of Khajiit, they are clearly fit for those roles in society... nevertheless, that thought remains that you are meant to be something...
also geographically, India is bordering river lands to the west (Indus) and forested Burmese areas to the east... as well as having deserts and mountains in the north, and jungle in the south... infact the word 'jungle' originated from a word from India: jungal
likewise, Elsweyr has lush lands (to the east) and forested areas (to the west) of it, and the north in dry and desert-like, while the south is greener...
as the Ganges is a sacred river, the rivers of Elsweyr have moonsuger growing on its banks...

also, in India, the north has been a place of invaders, the Aryans, the Greeks, the Mongols, the Muslims... and a place where cultural and religious groups clash... but the south (and some central) tends to be a less militant area, with much more farming and trade...
in Elsweyr it seems the north is full of desert warrior-tribes and the South dominated by 'civilized' trade princes, drug lords, kings, and such... with much agriculture and trade being the center of the society...

I'm not sure how well recieved this idea will be, but a hybridization of ancient Egypt and ancient India seems like a great thing to me... different aspects of each with a distinct 'Khajiit' flavor will probably make for unique, but relatable cultures? I hope so
I really think there should be a more Arabian feel to eslweyr too, but Whatever ;(
I think the Akavir team is planning to include some Indian influences in their mod.
Elsweyr deserts and jungle are very African, we accept influence, but I do believe its description matches Africa quite well.
where did Africa come from?

I was thinking India.... Confusedhrug:

it's okay if you guys don't like it much, justputting the idea out there ya know :yes:
Think for a moment of the northern deserts, with the southern jungles.

And some of the culture really seems to point there, so I just like the setting.

I do think india will definately have a presence somehow.
i think saying "we are saharan africa and nothing else" is a bad idea. the current lore suports quite a few indian references alredy (budi for instance), so working some more stuff in there is not bad. the whole idea of making a province exactly like a real world culture (skyrim = scandinavia, cyrodil = europe, akavir = asia) is bad in general, because the cultures are not exact replicas of the real world, and reducing them to such would be borring.
I completely agree Lady N, though I may not have made it clear, but that's what I meant by influence will definately be present.
On the other hand, the whole game is sort of influenced by the pre-Dark Age. Agreed on not having too much influence though. We should have more Elsweyr than anywhere else.