Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Trickster quest
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The recent posts in Keilanai's thread about the Tanuki has given me an idea for a trickster quest.

This would be one that the player would get just by talking to the trikster in question. If the player tries to reject it the player gets some kind of trik played on him/her and still has to do it anyways. Maybe using the getting drunk mod or something like that as a trick.

Any other ideas?
That sounds like a good idea for a quest, but i have no ideas at the moment.
So many different cultures have a trickster. Anansi is found in some areas of Africa. Loki in the nordic area of Europe. Coyote in America. I must say that Tanuki is the friendliest of the bunch.

We could even do something with multiple parts and humor. Perhaps start with a spider in one of Edolsian's spider caves. Make it really hard to find or difficult puzzle or clues to find.
That sounds like fun. If it's a tanuki quest, think "annoying", although they've been known to have a dark nature to their humor, too. They like to steal food from travellers. Play pranks. Drink sake. Attend festivals. Don't pay bills. Maybe steal something like clothes, armor, or best weapon and hide it so player has to follow clues to get it back? (Oh, they would really hate that, ne?) Big Grin Each clue could have something to do with trait of the trickster.

For Clue1 -- Bring him food
Clue 2 -- Knock over vendor's sake bottles for note hidden beneath them (and risk losing vendor's favor)
Clue 3 -- Use a spell to lock someone out of their home (would need special script so NPC didn't have way to get in)
Clue 4 -- "Borrow" something and then put it back without getting caught
Clue 5 -- Dance at tanuki festival with them (or some other silly act)
Clue 6 -- Answer a riddle

Mmmm ... you get the idea. All clues add up to spell or point toward hidden items. Player ends up wanting to turn trickster into a stuffed wall mount by the time he's finished. But if player tries to fight him, he plays dead. :lmao:
Nice description. It would definitely be a change from what most quests in Oblivion are like.