Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Jarnisig Mountain Cavern Interior - -27,4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Attached is a rar file containing the interior for the Jarnhald area dark cavern in cell -27, 4. It includes a new book. The interior door is a black load door that will need to link to the exterior (and the cavern dark entrance will need to link to the interior.)

Please review when convenient and let me know if this is alright. Still working on the Dagon underground citadel... :chaos:

Ben
Quote:Originally posted by Ben Vagara
Attached is a rar file containing the interior for the Jarnhald area dark cavern in cell -27, 4. It includes a new book. The interior door is a black load door that will need to link to the exterior (and the cavern dark entrance will need to link to the interior.)

Please review when convenient and let me know if this is alright. Still working on the Dagon underground citadel... :chaos:

Ben

There's no attachment.

Btw didn't you name your region Jarnhald Mountains? That's what the main .esp says you did.
Oh you wanted the file actually attached! Rolleyes

Sorry about that. File attached (.esp - it's really small). I decided to name the interior Jarnisig instead of Jarnhald (like the area's name), so that another interior can be named Jarnhald.

You may change the interior cell name to anything you like, however.

Ben
Ben Vagara: In my humble opinion calling it "Jarnisig Mountain Cavern" would confuse things as there's no explanation for the name "Jarnisig" in-game. A totally unique name like "Baramossa", or "Exterior name, Interior name" seems to be the convention Bethesda goes by. "Exterior name, Interior name" is mostly used with civilized settlements, I think, but I don't think it's wrong to use that generally either. One idea could be to just call it "Jarnisig"? Anyway, it's not very important.

Looking forward to checking out your plugin :goodjob:
And another one who will have a look at it. Smile

I will add my two septims about the interior's name as soon as I had a look at it.

Gretings

Quentin
Ben Vagara: Here is my report Smile

1. Your plugin has GMST entries I think they're called; unintentional changes to Bethesda's things. I suggest you clean it with both Tesame and the Enchanted Editor (one program spots what the other one misses). I missed that myself when I submitted the Road to Silgrad Tower and didn't realize it until later on.

2. The framerate is a real problem in your cave, similar to the effect of what happens in Deepen Moor. I believe it's using so many "steam_lavariver" so close together that's causing it.

Other than that I think it looks good. I have a personal suggestion to use a levelled or randomized list of enemies that, apart from zombie wolves, can spawn the foxes you brought in with Jarnhald. The foxes I've seen in the editor look very nice and I think it'd be great if the player gets a chance to meet more of them Smile But as I said that's just a suggestion, zombie wolves work great too.
Not a good week..... I uploaded the "unclean" version! Argggggh! :bash:

Sorry. I will send the clean version (with less steam) later today... after work. I wanted to keep this interior rather simple... I'll see about the wolves/foxes... Wink

Ben
I think I've used the appropriate naming conventions...

Attached is the interior of Narakah Cave located in cell -27, 4 in the Jarnhald Mountain region. Inside you will find leveled creatures based on JMN's foxes and wolfes mod (the same one I used for the cute little critters in the exteriors), except these are a bit more feisty! Wink

Also, I placed a short-text book in there: The Darkened Sky.

I did not place a North marker or door links, so those will need to be added when you combine it with the main mod. The file is small so I left it as an .esp.

Ben
Quote:Originally posted by Ben Vagara
Not a good week..... I uploaded the "unclean" version! Argggggh! :bash:

Sorry. I will send the clean version (with less steam) later today... after work. I wanted to keep this interior rather simple... I'll see about the wolves/foxes... Wink

Ben

No worries Smile
Tight and interesting interiors like yours are always better than huge and boring, I think, and you've created a very beautiful scene that I'm sure a lot of players will enjoy seeing.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing what you come up with for your next interior! Big Grin
Added to the main plugin.

Greetings

Quentin